Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
plugin-idea
hi i have a plugin-idea and maybe there are other who would like the idea too.. and hopefully there will be someone who develops this plugin.

the plugin-idea is quite simple as effectiv:
  • a reciprocal-link-checker
  • which detects a reciprocal link during a submission (maybe provides a link-code,too)
  • which allows to recheck (via cron) every x-days if the reciprocal link still exists
  • sends automatically out a warning-message via email to the link-owner if reciprocal link doesn't exist anymore
  • provides a list of "bad-links" to the admin with all links listed, which don't have a reciprocal link anymore (and warning mail was send x-days before)
  • provides the possibility to the admin to delete some or all of these links

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] plugin-idea In reply to
Hi Manu,

I don't think that this would be helpfull. In case of having a great number of links you will get a lot of messages about links you should need to recheck, because my experiences with verify let me know that a lot of links are good yesterday, today not, but tomorrow again .....

Schöne Grüße aus Bonn

--
Michael Skaide

http://www.cycle24.de

Quote Reply
Re: [Sir Up] plugin-idea In reply to
hi michael,

ok, i agree. but that is just a matter of you to setup the plugin and how to handle it.

i also use the nph-verify and what i do is checking the links every 7 days via cron and if a link has 4 times the same status-error (4 weeks) i delete the link.

so the plugin should provide a posibility to the admin to set links with a non-reciprocal link into a warning-message list manually and then process like i described before.

i also know that a small reciprocal-link-plugin still exist. but the problem is, that someone (and many will do that) can set up the reciprocal-link, submit to the search-engine, and afterwards delete the reciprocal-link on their sites and you as an admin have no control about this.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
What about my Recip_Link Plugin? That does pretty much what you want, and with a few modifications everything you want Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] plugin-idea In reply to
as i mentioned above, i know your plugin, but the "few modifications" are the point.

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
Once I get my site back online, I will try and add these features to my Plugin. I'm afraid there is no real timescale, as I lost the whole of my site last week Frown (got page backups, but the SQL Data that held a lot of my LSQL Plugin pages etc was lost Frown).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] plugin-idea In reply to
Unsureoh sh.t !

i know what that means...

good luck to you!

Regards,
Manu