Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
perl check error
hello I've mada an upgrade from Links-SQL 2.0.1 to 2.0.2

when I do a perl check for the plugins, it says:

GT::TempFile: Invalid filename: /home/ridesworld/www/cgi-bin/ridesworld/admin/tmp/GTTemp69224978 at /home/ridesworld/www/cgi-bin/ridesworld/admin/GT/TempFile.pm line 71.

There is nothing in the tmp folder, but should i uninstal this and re-install all plugins to get a perl check????

Quote Reply
GT::TempFile: Invalid filename: In reply to
I too have upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 and am trying to use the plugin wizard.

I enter all the necessary version information etc... and click next. The result is:
GT::TempFile: Invalid filename: /home/sites/home/web/cgi-bin/clipman/admin/tmp/GTTemp06492882 at /home/sites/home/web/cgi-bin/clipman/admin/GT/TempFile.pm line 71.

I double checked the permissions and they are 777

Quote Reply
Re: GT::TempFile: Invalid filename: In reply to
Yep just to confirm I installed a fresh version of 2.0.2 and get:

A fatal error has occured:

GT::TempFile: Invalid filename: /home/sites/site4/web/cgi-bin/admin/tmp/GTTemp8722746 at /home/sites/site4/web/cgi-bin/admin/GT/TempFile.pm line 71.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

GT::TempFile: Invalid filename: /home/sites/site4/web/cgi-bin/admin/tmp/GTTemp8722746 at /home/sites/site4/web/cgi-bin/admin/GT/TempFile.pm line 71.

Paul Wilson.
Installations:
http://www.wiredon.net/gt/
Quote Reply
Re: perl check error In reply to
Hi,

This is a bug in the TempFile module. I'll fix it up shortly.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I posted this bug to to the discussion forum as well. I've made the changes and everything works great.

this was the response

Re: BUG in GT::TempFile: Invalid filename

Hi,

This is a bug. Please edit line 70 of GT/TempFile.pm and add a '-' to the list of characters.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.

Quote Reply
Oops......yes got it working now.

Change:

if ($filename !~ m#^([a-zA-Z0-9_'":/\\\.] )$#) { die "$class: Invalid filename: $filename"; }

....to....

if ($filename !~ m#^([a-zA-Z0-9_'":/\\\-.] )$#) { die "$class: Invalid filename: $filename"; }

Paul Wilson.
Installations:
http://www.wiredon.net/gt/