Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
globals file
Can anyone tell me where the globals file is located.
Im using V2.1.2

Thanks

Hagai
Quote Reply
Re: [hagai] globals file In reply to
the stock globals.txt is located in links/admin/templates/default. if you've changed your globals any, then your custom globals are located at links/admin/tempates/default/local

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
You would be a lot better editing the globals via , Build > Template Globals, because charachters like ' have to be escaped, to work correctly.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Attempting to modify the globals.txt file, especially if you have subroutines running in it, can be a disaster. Always go through the templates->globals interface.

If you insist on editing it manually, make a backup first.

Misplacing a ' or leaving one off, or missing an "escape" \ can cause your ENTIRE SITE to stop working.

The globals.txt file is parsed for _each_ page, so *nothing* will run on a dynamic site, and no build will run on a static site.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] globals file In reply to
Right, thanks for the help guys. I was only interested in making a backup so i wouldnt have to go in and copy/paste each individual globals.

Hagai
Quote Reply
As a note, I think template inheretance applies to globals, so if you do manually edit anything remember there are two globals files, one in the "named" directory, and one in the "local" subdirectory for each template set.

It used to be when you made the first edit to the globals file, it wrote the updated copy to the local subdirectory. And that file was used from then on. GT may be changing this behaviour, looking at how some of the other programs are being developed.

So, to be safe from any "gotcha", if you do edit the globals, leave the "default" basic global file in the top (named) template directory, and make sure all your edits go into the local one.

Just a heads up to prevent potential "issues" later on.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.