Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

email notification as html

Quote Reply
email notification as html
Just wondered if anybody could answer this question (I'm sure you seasoned pro's can). Which piece of code would I have to mod in order to make all of the email templates email_add.txt etc into html. I would prefer to have these templates looking a little more attractive to the user. First impressions count and plain text is functional yet for some people less interesting.

Apologies for the petty nature but some of us are tartsWink.

Regards

Ade
Quote Reply
Re: [ade f] email notification as html In reply to
Which emails did you want them to be in HTML format for? You basically have to add the 'type' header in the GT::Mail calls found throughout the files in /admin/Users/*.pm.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] email notification as html In reply to
To be honest Andy all of them email-add, delete, modify, password etc. I suspect I will have to modify defferent modules of code in order to do this?

Regards

Ade
Quote Reply
Yup, for example Add.pm in /admin/Links/User/ , as well as Modify.pm ... those are the 2 biggest ones. You need to just add this into the GT::Mail sections found in these .pm files;

Code:
type => 'text/html',

I'm afraid I don't have time to go through and find all these for you... but once you figure out one, its pretty simple to guess where the rest of them are located :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] email notification as html In reply to
No problem Andy I will run a find and automated replace on it.

Cheers mate.

Ade
Quote Reply
Make sure you backup first ;)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk