Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Wizard
When creating a new plugin I ended up with two pm files with the same name and everytime I edit one using the plugin editor, the second also updates no doubt as it has the same name.

PayPalCart.pm (2090 bytes) Edit | Perl Check
PayPalCart.pm (1 bytes) Edit | Perl Check

....not sure why the sizes are different either as both have exactly the same contents.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Wizard In reply to
Hi Paul,

Hmm, very strange. Did the plugin already exist or is this with a brand new plugin? I can't reproduce it on my side.

If you have two PayPalCart.pm files in the .tar file, yes, I imagine very strange things will happen. ;)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Wizard In reply to
Yeah it was a new plugin.

What happened was I got to the add file stage and added a file called PayPalCart.pm but it never appeared in the list of attached files so I tried again, and it didn't appear so I just carried on then I ended up with 2 files with the same name.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 16, 2002, 10:38 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Wizard In reply to
Ah, that would do it. The wizard creates a Wizard.pm, Install.pm and PayPalCart.pm (assuming the plugin was named PayPalCart). If you tried to add another file called PayPalCart.pm, it would cause problems. You'd be better off editing the existing file after the wizard created it.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Wizard In reply to
I should have guessed it would be my booboo :)