Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
User Profile Options
I am wanting following following abilities on our Links SQL website
  • End users can register and create their profile with about 20 different optional fields (company name, contact email, sales email, phone number.. etc)
  • Ability for users to update their profile as required.
  • Ability for admin to email users when their listing/review is added/approved/declied.

Now I understand that Links SQL can do almost all of the above, and I might need to use GT Community plugin to provide end users the option of modifying their own profile. However, using GT Community at this time reaises it own questions and complications within our site and so I was wondering,

is there any way, I can give users the ability to modify their own profile, without having to use GT Community?

Thanks for the help.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] User Profile Options In reply to
Yes, there is.

http://www.2muslims.com/linkssql/

Last edited by:

Payooo: Apr 10, 2004, 1:47 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] User Profile Options In reply to
If I remember correctly though, it isn't very well documented Frown (i.e I couldn't find any in the first version). Just thought I would warn you =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Payooo] User Profile Options In reply to
I am aware of that plugin and do think it is a good addition to Links SQL plugin collection, however I was wondering if there is any other alternative out there?

Vishal
Quote Reply
~ bump ~

Vishal
Quote Reply
Well there is also the UserMonitor plugin ... if you can manage with no support.
Quote Reply
Hi
As Andy said our plug in is not very well documented..BUT
IT IS CHEAP COMPARED TO OTHER PLUG INS :)
It has been out there for a long time about 2 years with very few problem.. less than 10 suppport emails compared to over 40 licenses sold.

Just a thought..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory