Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Upgrading server software - will it affect GLinks?

Quote Reply
Upgrading server software - will it affect GLinks?
I have GLinks 3.3.0 installed on my dedicated server and its running fine. I'm currently running:

CENTOS 5.9 i686
Apache 2.2.14
PHP 5.3.1
Mysql 5.0.96

I'm about to do a major server software upgrade to the latest versions of:

Apache 2.4.6
PHP 5.5.3
Mysql 5.6.14

Does GLinks 3.3.0 run on the latest versions of Apache, PHP and Mysql? Do you see any alarm bells going off that it will break? I've backed up my DB and files but still, I'm trying to minimize any nasty surprises or problems after the upgrade because some of the server upgrades are irreversible. I'll be happy if GLinks just keeps right on working as normal. Thanks.

R
Quote Reply
Re: [yo Huge] Upgrading server software - will it affect GLinks? In reply to
There shouldn't be any problems. Only thing to make sure of, is that you have all the basic modules install (DBI, DBD etc). You will know if they are not, as you'll get errors all over the place Cool If its a simple upgrade, then I'm not sure it would be an issue.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Upgrading server software - will it affect GLinks? In reply to
ok thanks. I'm going ahead with the upgrades. What versions of Apache, PHP & Mysql is your Glinks test server running?
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm on Apache2, mod_perl2, perl v5.10.1 and mySQL 14.14. Not sure about PHP, but I guess you meant Perl =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Ok, the server software upgrade went ok with the new apache, mysql and php working, but my Glinks is showing cgi errors. For example admin.cgi works but search.cgi and add.cgi and others don't.

I'm now running GLinks 3.3.0 on Apache/2.2.25 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.25 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.4.20 mod_perl/2.0.6 Perl/v5.8.8

search.cgi output shows this:

A fatal error has occured:
Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 70. at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DBD/mysql.pm line 15 Compilation failed in require at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin//GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 19. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin//GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 19. Compilation failed in require at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Driver.pm line 74.

Adcycle's adcenter.cgi has also stopped working. The adcycle script now shows 'error 500 internal server error'.

Any ideas on how to fix these CGI errors?
Quote Reply
Try updating DBD::mysql

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Wow, that was easy. I just entered:

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
# install DBD::mysql

and it worked! Thanks Andy :)
Quote Reply
hehe good to hear! Always nice when its a simple fix Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk