Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Upgrade to GLINKS
Well,

The question many of you may be asking yourself, should I upgrade to GLINKS ?

I attempted and the upgrade failed, destroyed my site, after viewing the forum,

I found that GT is attempting to fix the problem, some error when upgrading regarding parent_id

Thank God (I backed-up every file)

Advice: Keep your present installation for now, it's working.

Let the GT Team fix the product so we can install it.

Andy, Pugdog, and others who have helped so many people, Standby I know we are all going to need you.
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] Upgrade to GLINKS In reply to
That particular problem should be fixed. As always you should backup your files and database before upgrading.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Upgrade to GLINKS In reply to
Update:

The problem has been solved, you should not have any problem upgrading now.

Remember to Backup all your files before you do so!!!!!!

GT Staff has been providing great support, post any problems with your upgrade on this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] Upgrade to GLINKS In reply to
Just a quick question... sorry if this is answered already but I can't find it.

Can I upgrade directly from 2.1.2 to GLinks3 or must I run several upgrades in the middle?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Triffid] Upgrade to GLINKS In reply to
Yes, you can, but it is advised to make a backup of your database and installation before doing so.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Upgrade to GLINKS In reply to
Okay thanks for that.

I know this is in the wrong forum category but anyway I thought I would post about my upgrade from 2.1.2 to GLinks 3. I am a complete no-brainer at this stuff. I have run Links SQL for years now and EVERY time I do an upgrade it's been a complete nightmare... unknown tags appearing, plug ins not working... etc etc etc. So tonight I got ready to waste a couple of days of my time once again and set off on the upgrade process.

The GLinks 3.0.2 file wasn't in my download section. Was that because I uploaded 3.0.0 a while ago and I can't download it again?

That was 15 minutes ago. It's done. Nothing broke. Everything works.

GT people.. what HAVE you done?? You are finally creating dummy proof scripts for us poor mortals that aren't IT systems engineers or wannabee ace programmers. Congratulations. I really mean that.

Now I can't wait to start customising the new Luna template and put that online. It looks great apart from the horrible squashed up category lists which I haven't worked out how to space out yet. But I will. I will.

So to all you people out there just like me who are scared stiff of touching their Links installation because it 'aint broke so don't touch it'... do this upgrade... it's completely painless. And to the GT dudes... thankyou thankyou thankyou Laugh