Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Updating link_added.eml with actual link validated

Quote Reply
Updating link_added.eml with actual link validated
Hi there,

I'd like to update the link_added.eml template as it has the following behaviour:
Message body
You can see your new listing at:

<%config.build_root_url%>

The above var resolves to the the root of the directory but the user would like to know where exactly their own detailed link listing is.

Anyone know the appropriate variable to substitute with the above?

Cheers,
Tom
Quote Reply
Re: [jointwinwin] Updating link_added.eml with actual link validated In reply to
Not sure if it works - but try <%detailed_url%>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Updating link_added.eml with actual link validated In reply to
Fraid not Andy.

Must be an easy way to do this though.

After all, everyone wants to know where their link is.

Cheers,
Tom
Quote Reply
Re: [jointwinwin] Updating link_added.eml with actual link validated In reply to
Try adding <%GT::Template::dump%> into the template, and see if that gives you any ideas.

Otherwise, its a case of a little global that will get the detailed_url tag (or category page, whatever you want) of where their link is =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Updating link_added.eml with actual link validated In reply to
With a bit of digging and looking at other templates, I worked it out.

Anyone who wants to have the actual detailed URL shown to end users in the confirmation email can use the following:
<%config.build_root_url%>/Detailed/<%ID%>.php (or whatever extension you are using)

Cheers,
Tom
Quote Reply
Ya, that will work if you have a basic detailed page format, but if you want a bit more complex, i.e %Full_Name%/%Title%_%ID%.html, you need a global:

get_detailed_page_url
Code:
sub {
my $id = $_[0];
return $CFG->{build_detail_url} . "/" . $DB->table('Links')->detailed_url( $id );
}

..then call with:

<%get_detailed_page_url($ID)%>

:)

Chneers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk