Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Undefined symbol mysql_autocommit

Quote Reply
Undefined symbol mysql_autocommit
After doing some upgrades to the server Links is erroring out with this:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: Undefined symbol "mysql_autocommit"

Running:
Links: 2.21
Mysql Server/Client 4.1.15
DBD::mysql 3.0002
DBI 1.48

We have forums erroring out with the same. Anybody have any ideas?

BigWil
Quote Reply
Re: [Big Wil] Undefined symbol mysql_autocommit In reply to
I am going to take a wild guess that nobody in these parts has installed mysql 3.0002 with anything dependencies newer than about 6 months. Looking at the bug tracker over there, there hasn't been a bug actually resolved in about 11 months.

So what is going to happen to the Gossamer products that all use DBD when there isn't a working version any more? Will you be doing another rewrite Alex?

Big Wil
Quote Reply
This is not the LinksSQL forum...

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Undefined symbol mysql_autocommit In reply to
Been away awhile and it looks like they changed the names on me. Doh! I hate to crosspost but I doubt Alex is around to move it for me.

Cheers,

Big Wil
Quote Reply
Moved Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Undefined symbol mysql_autocommit In reply to
I am curious to see if this upgrade affects others. It was my site that was affected after these upgrades were made and my site became inoperative (all cgi scripts) for almost 24 hours. Wil made numerous attempts to correct the problem but unfortunately it was never resolved (at least at the time as of this writing).

I would like to know if others have the same setup (Mysql Server/Client 4.1.15 - DBD::mysql 3.0002 - DBI 1.48) and if similar errors are experienced or not.

FYI: I am now hosting with Gossamer Host!

Sincerely,

Rob Wesley
Aboriginal Connections (Indigenous Peoples Worldwide)
robwesley@aboriginalconnections.com
Web Directory | Forums

Last edited by:

wesley: Dec 2, 2005, 6:50 PM