Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Ultra_FAQ - Sort categories

Quote Reply
Ultra_FAQ - Sort categories
Is it possible to sort the category list alphabetically?
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Ultra_FAQ - Sort categories In reply to
Hi,

It looks like some of the display code is similar to the Ace_News which I did hack into an Ultra_News, and I'll see about merging the two code bases on the back end. Might update/fix/add features in both programs.

Will take a few more days, though, but both programs have a definite application, and share a lot of similar routines.

Won't try to make them into one program, as the FAQ and News/Announce systems have different purposes, but it should make them easier to maintain from our point of view.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Ultra_FAQ - Sort categories In reply to
Where is the Ultra_News plugin? I can only see Ace_News.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Ultra_FAQ - Sort categories In reply to
Hi,

It may not have gotten released, or andy didn't rename it, or something.

I'll dig it up. It has a few improvements, one was I think sorting, the other was an option to list empty categories or not, the other was columnization, just some display features mostly, and a bit of code clean up, not any major upgrades.

I'll try to get both these merged, and upgraded in the next few days. I need a break on the program I'm working on any way, just to clear my head a little, and change of pace. I'm starting to see repetitive lines of code, and install hashes in my waking hours, not only my sleep <G>

It wasn't any major functionality changes, but it was move to making all our programs "Ultra_" based, and getting a common name-space for what we could, to make a single back-end library that we can maintain, rather than 30 different plugins.

Also, when we both started, more than half the code was placed in the user-end .cgi program. That changed to using only an access method and putting all the code in a back-end User::Module, which helped the OOP and I think the mod_perl aspects of the program. So a lot of programs have to be rewritten. Also, with the move to GLinks, the Links access and init methods changed to an object interface, which means all the plugins need some header/init clean up and modifications, so it's going to be a long process, but I'm starting with the handful of programs that I need for this ImageSQL/Gallery program to reach at least Beta quickly.

I can probably get the FAQ and News programs out before next week, and I want to get the updated Profile Editor finalized, since it's pretty core to the first step of the beta-test of Gallery program. It's a bit more complicated than it might seem, as I'm allowing attached tables for PREFIX_ type User fields, so you don't clutter up your core Users table. It's a lot more power, but preventing abuse of that power means extra coding and installation steps.

After that, the Ultra_Ratings (the GL3 version of my Advanced Ratings program) will be released, as well as some of my modified utilties like the Advanced search logger, Yahoo subcats, etc to give display options.

Then, the Ultra_Comments (the offshoot of the blogger, check old threads) with the ratings/review integration.

Somewhere along here, there might be an Ultra_Thumbs and Ultra_Images plugin update/release, and even a Zipcode search plugin as I'm finding that it's not really so hard, it's more a matter of set up, than anything, and getting a database to pre-digest.

There might be other updates/tweaks, like a release of the Ultra_Widgets or Ultra_Edit which are all parts of the Ultra_Gallery/Ultra_Image system (Image_SQL, etc).

Then, at the back-end, a release in final beta, of the ImageSQL/Ultra_Gallery and Models & Photographers Lite.

This is how it seems to be shaping up

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Ultra_FAQ - Sort categories In reply to
Sounds good- and that you're going to be fully occupied for a while! Good Luck.