Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Strange Problems with 2.12 and vbulletin plugin 1.6

Quote Reply
Strange Problems with 2.12 and vbulletin plugin 1.6
Today i just installed a fresh LSQL 2.12, vbulletin 2.32 and the plugin 1.6. to play arround and test some things.
I do it the same way as on my running site with Lsql 2.11, but every time i want to add, mod or jump i got an error,

cant connect to dbi; then i go to auth_vbulletin in row 38 and insert the data for the mysql directly and everything was ok. Ok. Then i choose instead of the new vb config.php the old one from the running site. Again everything was ok.
Then i checked the file permissions. They are the same on both sites.

Then i let compare all files from 2.11 and 2.12 and look if someone special has changed.
It seems as there are some changes on the cookies, but that could not be the problem.

Have someone a clue or the same problem?
Quote Reply
Re: [Robert] Strange Problems with 2.12 and vbulletin plugin 1.6 In reply to
Yes, we are running some beta configurations for this setup that you mentioned. Same stuff:

Links SQL 2.12
vbulletin 2.3.2
Plugin 1.6

It gives me the same error. How did you enter the data directly, and can you give the same code you gave (minus the passwords,etc)? This is the error, minus paths:

Can't connect(DBI::: ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set XXXX Auth_vBulletin.pm line 278

It finds the file, but gives an error. It is not a path error. Could it be the new version of vbulletin 2.3.2?
Quote Reply
Re: [mootropolis.com] Strange Problems with 2.12 and vbulletin plugin 1.6 In reply to
Yes, thatīs it. And i really dont undertstand it.
If you watch the script you will see that:

$AUTH_CFG = Links::Plugins->get_plugin_user_cfg ('Auth_vBulletin');
my $path = $AUTH_CFG->{vbulletin_dir};
-e $path or Links::fatal ("Unable to locate vBulletin installation path: $path");

# Load the config.php script.
open (CFG, "< $path/admin/config.php") or Links::fatal ("Unable to load vBulletin Config file. $!"); // Code cut, while using .php and not .php3
read CFG, my $data, -s CFG;
close CFG;

# Get the connection information.
my %config;
($config{dbdriver}) = $data =~ /\$dbservertype=["']([^"']+)/;
($config{dbuser}) = $data =~ /\$dbusername=["']([^"']+)/;
($config{dbpass}) = $data =~ /\$dbpassword=["']([^"']+)/;
($config{dbserver}) = $data =~ /\$servername=["']([^"']+)/;
($config{dbname}) = $data =~ /\$dbname=["']([^"']+)/;

# Load the w3tvars.pm file and connect.
_connect (%config); /here is the call to Line 278

Itīs quite the same code than that in 1.4.

To solve the problem, substitute this
($config{dbdriver}) = $data =~ /\$dbservertype=["']([^"']+)/;
($config{dbuser}) = $data =~ /\$dbusername=["']([^"']+)/;
($config{dbpass}) = $data =~ /\$dbpassword=["']([^"']+)/;
($config{dbserver}) = $data =~ /\$servername=["']([^"']+)/;
($config{dbname}) = $data =~ /\$dbname=["']([^"']+)/;
with that:
($config{dbdriver}) = "mysql";
($config{dbuser}) = "xxx";
($config{dbpass}) = "xxx";
($config{dbserver}) = "localhost";
($config{dbname}) = "xxx";

Very funny for me is that if i choose as path for the config.php the one from the vb 2.9
everything is ok, though these config.php is absolutely the same than the one from the 2.3.2
The problem is in this configuration, that the file (config.php) was found, else ... Links::fatal ("Unable to load vBulletin Config file ...
but my $data is empty after reading.

There must be something i dont see.
Quote Reply
Above i mentioned that the both config.php are absolutely the same.
Yes, i have copied the old one over the new, but still the same problem.
Quote Reply
Still not working, and gives errors. Anyone from GT that can give us a clue about this or does nobody read the forums?
Quote Reply
Re: [mootropolis.com] Strange Problems with 2.12 and vbulletin plugin 1.6 In reply to
Try what i have suggested, instead of reading and parsing the config.php,

give the necessary data directly to the array.

If you have no clue what i mean, write again and i ll write the things somewhat closer.
Quote Reply
I attempted the changes you suggested to the Auth_vbulletin.pm and it didn't work, just gave even more errors. I might have entered the wrong data I guess. Unsure
Quote Reply
One the reasons to buy LinksSQL was just for the vbulletin plugin. Darn shame it doesn't work correctly.