Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Stop dynamic from editing a URL?

Quote Reply
Stop dynamic from editing a URL?
Hi. I have a bit of a problem with LSQL turning external codes into dynamic mode (cos they are based in the build_root_url folder. Please see the bottom here;

http://linkssql.net/...bin/dev/page.cgi?d=1

As you will see, the banner shows ok, but when you click it, you get sent to page.cgi :(

Anyone got any suggestions?

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Stop dynamic from editing a URL? In reply to
Andy, the banner isn't displaying when I view the page - neither are logo and chainlink. I'd suspect it is because the templates are using a path like this: images/default/ChainLink.jpg or this: ../images/default/ChainLink.jpg whereas they should be using: /images/default/ChainLink.jpg. (Note the leading /) Same would be true for the banner link, it should be using a leading / so it calls from the server root instead of relative to the cgi-bin.

HTH

~ Karen

Last edited by:

Karen: Feb 21, 2004, 6:34 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] Stop dynamic from editing a URL? In reply to
Thanks, I think I have it working anyway :)

http://linkssql.net/.../dev/page.cgi?p=test

That page simply consists of;

Code:
<%Plugins::phpAdsNew2::Banner_Basic('468x60')%> <BR>

<%Plugins::phpAdsNew2::Banner_Basic('88x31')%> <BR>

<%Plugins::phpAdsNew2::Banner_Basic('100x100')%> <BR>

Nice and simple :)

I have the other routines done too, but I'm just cleaning up some of the issues with multiple adverts being shown on a single page.

I still can't beleive how comprehensive phpAdsNew is! (especially for a freebie).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Stop dynamic from editing a URL? In reply to
In my opinion, PhpAdsNew is a top of the line software and best of all, it is FREE.

Hey Andy, how about adding this features in your plugin

1) Remember you have the category advert plugin, why not set it up within PhpAdsNew
2) Also, about a option where, I can create a zone under PhpAdsNew and lets say, I want that ad to be showin in /php/.... and all its sub cats, so I would like to show some different ads to be shown in /perl/ and all the sub cats under it.
3) Also a option where details pages within /php/ and its sub cat would show ads specified for /php/ and its sub cat folder and so on for other categories.

I am using my web site for giving above example, where /php/ and /perl/ are root level cats.

Thanks for the help and creating a wonderful plugin.

P.S. by the way I am currently using PhpAdsNew on my site and it works like a charm.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------