Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Spider 2.1 install bug
Hello, I got the following error message when installing spider 2.1 to Links SQL 2.04:

Unable to install plugin: 'Could not create table Links because (Failed to execute query: ' CREATE TABLE Links_Spider_Links ( ID INT unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, Host INT unsigned NOT NULL, URL CHAR(255) NOT NULL, Data TEXT, Digest CHAR(255) NOT NULL, Title CHAR(255), Headers TEXT, Status INT unsigned NOT NULL, Description CHAR(255), Keywords CHAR(255), Last_Update INT, Last_Visited INT, INDEX urlndx (URL), PRIMARY KEY (ID) ) ' Reason: parse error near 'Data TEXT, Digest CHAR(255) NOT NULL, Title CHAR(255), Headers TE' at line 6) Could not create table Validate because (Failed to execute query: ' CREATE TABLE Links_Spider_Validate ( ID INT unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, Host INT unsigned NOT NULL, URL CHAR(255) NOT NULL, Data TEXT, Digest CHAR(255) NOT NULL, Title CHAR(255), Headers TEXT, Description CHAR(255), Keywords CHAR(255), Last_Update INT, Last_Visited INT, INDEX urlndx (URL), PRIMARY KEY (ID) ) ' Reason: parse error near 'Data TEXT, Digest CHAR(255) NOT NULL, Title CHAR(255), Headers TE' at line 6) '

Aren't word such as "Data" reserved?
Is this where the problem lies?

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks for help in advance.

Quote Reply
Re: Spider 2.1 install bug In reply to
Alright..I'm really disappointed with this.
I spent $200 on the spider plugin, which is not working
as it should, and support does not seem to exist at all.

I'm switching back to regular Links 2, the SQL version
does sound good, but customer support is a must. With Links 2 it does exist, but the SQL version starts feeling only like a plan to cash in now..

Quote Reply
Hi,

What database system are you using, Mysql?

Aki

Quote Reply
I'm using this:

mysql Ver 9.27 Distrib 3.22.14b-gamma-virtual, for pc-bsdi4.0.1 (i386)

Quote Reply
That's peculiar. Do you mind if I take a look at your server? Can you send me your servername/username/password for telnet and mysql access?

My email address is aki@gossamer-threads.com

Quote Reply
Hi, sorry to say, but I'm not allowed to do that (orders from the site owner). What I thought was, would it be possible to rename those 2 fields that cause the error in install? Change them to something that's not a reserved word in mysql? Would this require a lot of editing by hand?

thanks,
flaree

Quote Reply
I've got a fixed version of the spider right now that you try. What is odd is that I've tried an old mysql and have updated to the most recent version I could find (3.23) but the table creation query worked without a hitch and I couldn't reproduce the problem.

What is your email address?

Quote Reply
drees@iobox.com