Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
SiteStats - new version
I've implemented the lists for the SiteStats plugin. You can now show the top pages, top categories, top links, etc. (depending on your groups settings) by pageviews or by unique visitors. As the stats are updated overnight, the lists do not include data for the current day.

Laura.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] SiteStats - new version In reply to
What are the differences between SiteStats and ExtraStats? Is one required to run the other? How do you display the top lists? Do you have to set up globals?

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] SiteStats - new version In reply to
ExtraStats and SiteStats are completely independent.

ExtraStats collects extra information about HIT data for your links - so that you can display lists by hits to links (most popular links today, most popular this week, most popular categories (by links hits), etc.).

SiteStats collects information about pageviews to your site. You can show the most popular pages, most popular detail pages, most popular categories etc. You can group pages however you want depending on the lists that you want to show.

There are plenty of globals contained within the plugins so you shouldn't need to use your own globals - but obviously you can if you want to. You just add tags to your pages where you want to show the lists, graphs or stats. I'm happy to add features to the plugins (as time permits) if anyone has any requests.

Laura.
The UK High Street

Last edited by:

afinlr: Nov 17, 2003, 3:38 PM
Quote Reply
Just installed SiteStats onto one of my sites, and just wanted to congratulate Laura on it. A great plugin, well done Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] SiteStats - new version In reply to
Cool Thanks.
Quote Reply
Hello Laura,

I have a problem with Tag.
<%Plugins::SiteStats::TopDaily('10','UP','Links')%>

If I use Tag (<%Plugins::SiteStats::TopDaily('10')%>) the URL is given correctly.

If I use Tag (<%Plugins::SiteStats::TopDaily('10','UP','Category')%>) it gives errors.
Unknown Tag: 'Name' and Unknown Tag: 'Full_Name'

I also have the problem with:
<%Plugins::SiteStats::TopDaily('10','UP','Detail')%>
For this example, I use the rewriting.
<a href="<%rewrite_url($ID,$Titre)%>">

You have an idea?

Thank you for your assistance.

Mick
Quote Reply
Re: [mick31] SiteStats - new version In reply to
Hi Mick,

I have just checked and these tags do work on my site. Can you have a look at the source code on a Category page and make sure that you have

var GroupType = 'Category';

If you don't, you'll need to add <%set GroupType = 'Category'%> at the top of your Category template and <%set GroupType = 'Links'%> at the top of your detail page template.

If you do, I may need access to your admin area to investigate why you're getting errors. If so, can you send me a private message with details. (It may not be for a few days as I'm *trying* to take some time off over Christmas and the New Year).

Laura.

The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Hello Laura,

Thank you for your answer.

I modified like this and it works correctly.

In ss_list.html:

[..] <%if GroupType eq 'Category'%>
<a href="/<%Category_DirName($GroupID)%>/"><%Title%></a> (<%Pageviews%> Pageviews, <%UVisits%> Visitors)<br>
<%elsif GroupType eq 'Detail'%>
<a href="<%rewrite_url($GroupID)%>"><%Title%></a> (<%Pageviews%> Pageviews, <%UVisits%> Visitors)<br>
<%elsif GroupType eq 'Page'%>
<a href="<%GroupID%>"><%Title%></a> (<%Pageviews%> Pageviews, <%UVisits%> Visitors)<br>
<%else%> [..]

Mick
Quote Reply
Hi Laura:

Just wondering whether SiteStats (as well as ExtraStats) works with the PageBuilder Plugin? In other words, are all your tags available for use when building pages via PageBuilder?

Thanks,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] SiteStats - new version In reply to
Hi Clint,

I don't use Pagebuilder so I can't test this - but I see no reason why not.

Laura.