Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Selective framed_jump links in GL 3.0

Quote Reply
Selective framed_jump links in GL 3.0
Hello,

I orginally posted this in the discussions threads, but think it belongs here instead. I am looking for a way to have some links to appear in a frame and others not to appear in a frame. Here is the problem:
Some sites remove the frame automatically, which in itself is not a problem, but I have information about the link in the top frame which is vital to the site. What I would like to do is to be able to specify if a link is not to appear in a frame, and have that link appear in a new window, I can then modify the link.html to display the additional information that normally appears in the top frame with the link instead.
Anyone know how I might be able to do this? By the way I am using GL 3.0

George
Quote Reply
Re: [macbethgr] Selective framed_jump links in GL 3.0 In reply to
I would recommend turning off the framed link option in the admin and using an extra script for the framed pages - I think Andy has a plugin which I assume will work with version 3.
You can then add a new field to the Links database with isFramed = Yes or No and use an <%if isFramed eq 'Yes'%>go to the frame script<%else%>go to the jump script<%endif%> in the templates.