Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Recommend_It Goes Blank!
I have installed the Recommend_It plugin in my latest version LinksSQL.

I placed <A href="<%db_cgi_url%>/recommend_it.cgi?ID=<%ID%>">Send this link to a friend!</A>

on my site and when I click the link it simply displays:

http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/links/recommend_it.cgi?ID=20

BUT THE PAGE IS BLANK! There is nothing in the page. I have checked and the recommend.html sites in my default directory which is correct.

I then went into FTP and set the script permission to 755 and it still did not work. I then set it to 777 and still no show.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it??
Quote Reply
Re: [needsupport] Recommend_It Goes Blank! In reply to
Youl could try the Recommend_Link plugin which does the same job if you want.

You'll find in on the second page of plugins in the admin panel under mylinks_db

Recommend It is known to be problematic and has been for a while now.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Recommend_It Goes Blank! In reply to
Does anyone know if the program is still around? I can't find it on the plugins page any more and I haven't heard anything back from the private messages I sent to Paul a couple of weeks ago. I'm afraid he and the plugin skipped the country Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Demolitioncrew] Recommend_It Goes Blank! In reply to
I'm assuming you realise that his pluigins are now not available, after your other thread in 'My Plugins'...I believe that they are still unavailable...

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [needsupport] Recommend_It Goes Blank! In reply to
I just downloaded this plugin and have the exact same problem! When you click on Send this link to a friend the page goes blank! Anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks,

Craven
Quote Reply
Re: [craven32] Recommend_It Goes Blank! In reply to
I found it so for anyone else looking!

If you're using any other template besides the default template then you must copy the recommend.html and recc_success.html files over to the template set you're using.

This is what I had to do to get it working!

Craven