Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Adcycle Keeps Crashing!!!

Quote Reply
Adcycle Keeps Crashing!!!
Hello All,

I purchased the Adcycle plugin 2 weeks ago and I ran it for 1 week but it keeps crashing! Everything works fine but it just crashes without any reason!

I appreciate your help regarding this matter.

Regards,
PCMANIA

Quote Reply
Re: Adcycle Keeps Crashing!!! In reply to
Have you checked your SERVER LOGS to see what the problem could be?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi and thanks for your reply, Here is what I am getting:

Sun May 6 04:32:02 2001] [error] [client 123.233.333] (12)
Cannot allocate memory: couldn't spawn child process: /home/virtual/memorex/home/httpd/cgi-bin/admanager/adcycle.cgi

Thanks,

PCMANIA

Quote Reply
pcmania,

I had a similar problem with Adcycle a couple of weeks ago. A data corruption of the live log table was causing some pretty serious memory issues that would take my entire server down within 8-12 hours.

You might want to check the integrity of the data in your tables to see if that might be the issue.

I hope this helps.

Joe

Quote Reply
Hi Joe,

and thanks for the reply, what do you mean by integrity of the data in your tables? I am a newbie and don't know a lot about MySQL stuff!

I would appreciate it if you could explain this in detail and tell me what to do step by step.

Regards,

PCMANIA

Quote Reply
PCMANIA,

Well, all I know is that I had read on Adcycle's discussion board that some people had been having problems with the data in their tables getting corrupted. So, I figured, maybe I should look at my tables using phpMyAdmin or MySQLMan (Links SQL > Database > Tools > MySQLMan).

I browsed all the adcycle tables, but when I got to live_log the browser would eventually time out. So (and I can't say whether this is safe or appropriate for your situation), I recreated the live_log table. Problem solved.

Due to the dangers associated with messing around with your database, I would recommend the services of some of the consultants I see post on these forums on a regular basis. Or, check out the Adcycle discussion board at www.adcycle.com.

Once again, I hope this helps.

Joe

Quote Reply
Hi Joe,

NO, it didn't work. Everything is fine with my tables. There is no / little information in adcycle website! I really don't know what to do! I guess I have to get back to WebAdverts and use that!

Thanks anyway!

PCMANIA

Quote Reply
Hello,

So I had the same problem, the adcycle crashed my server twice in one weekend, because this I turn off this and installed the webadverts. The adcycle crash so many systems.

Thanks a lot!
Luchini
http://www.buscasite.com/
Quote Reply
Hummm...

Are you running the daemonized version of Adcycle?

Joe

Quote Reply
Hi Joe,

I don't think so, I just used the Plugin installation!

Thanks,

PCMANIA

Quote Reply
Any active log file -- even in SQL, runs the chance of having problems on disk I/O, or due to system problems.

You need to run the ISAMCHK program on the database regularly, and look for problems. It's a good idea to run it as a cron job, have it output to your email every morning so you can review it.

If you look (well, if you maintain a lot of sites) on links 1.1x the "hittrack" table was the one that was always getting corrupted, since it was almost always open, and on AdvertPro the same thing happens to the log file there.

It's just a problem with active files remaining open. The indexes get corrupted. I'm not sure the data does, as long as you repair the indexes on a regular basis.

PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ:http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ
Forum:http://LinkSQL.com/forum