Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PageBuilder Plugin

(Page 1 of 10)
> >
Quote Reply
PageBuilder Plugin
I am happy to announce that the PageBuilder plugin has just been uploaded to the GT server, and is available for download.

Features:

- the plugin allows you to build dynamic and static pages very easily. Examples: "About Us" page, "Contact" page etc.

- all pages are template based. This allows you basically create your whole website using the power and flexibility of Links SQL.

- you can use all the globals and include any template of your default template set.

- page hierarchy: pages are structured hierarchically. This allows you to easily print "breadcrumb" navigation (similar to "title_linked" in Links SQL).

- you can create pages for every link, category, user, editor, review. Examples: create a second detailed page (more details, print view).

- conditional building: pages only for certain links, categories, etc. Example: special page for "premium" links.

- conditional viewing: in dynamic mode, you can control who is allowed to see which page. Example: link pages or other pages, that are only accessible to your registered users.

- build HTML pages, but also PDF or Postscript pages (you need to install HTMLDOC in order to produce PDF or Postscript files). Example: printable link page.

- static pages can be automatically updated whenever you build the rest of your directory.

Price: the plugin costs USD 50. You can pay through PayPal by clicking on the link that appears when you try to download the plugin. Once you have paid, you will get access to download the plugin.

Example site: most of the non-directory and non-forum pages on http://www.iyengar-yoga.com/ are generated by the PageBuilder plugin.

Happy downloading!

Feel free to post your questions and/or comments.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi Yogi

It sounds real nice...

Are the upgrades included? And what kind of support and mods add on and upgrades do you offer?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Yes, upgrades are included.

Support too, and modifications/add ons will done if by popular demand.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi

I am getting installation error:

Error running installation code: GT::SQL (12542): Unable to load subclass: 'Plugins::PageBuilder::Table::PageBuilderPage' Reason: Global symbol "$top" requires explicit package name at /pathto/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/PageBuilder.pm line 1542. Global symbol "$top" requires explicit package name at /pathto/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/PageBuilder.pm line 1543. Compilation failed in require at /pathto/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/PageBuilder/Table/PageBuilderPage.pm line 21.

Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Try adding:

my $top;

...on about line 1541
Quote Reply
Sorry for this, should be fixed now. You can download the new version from the GT server.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Thanks

works fine now...
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin Bug In reply to
Hi Yogi

The error in building the title linked is still there....

We mentioned this during the beta and you said the solution should be added to the final..
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] PageBuilder Plugin Bug In reply to
Ok

In PageBuilder.pm

Find:

push @out_linked, qq|<a href="$page->{root_url}/">$top</a>|;

and replace it with:

push @out_linked, qq|<a href="your_domain">$top</a>|;

that should work till a solution is found in the hard code..
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
This should actually work, there is no need to edit PageBuilder.pm as far as I can see.

One of the plugin options is the "pb_root_url", which you can set to whatever you want, e.g http://www.yoursite.com. If you leave it empty, the build root of Links SQL will be taken.

I hope this answers your question.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
I have just put up a new version of the PageBuilder plugin, which should fix this problem (in my previous answer, I was referring to my developement version, which had the fix, but I didn't notice that the download version was still the old version).

The new version also fixes a small problem with Link specific pages: in dynamic mode, the previous and next link urls where not completely correct.

So it's just a minor fix, the version is now 1.0.1.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin Bug In reply to
hi

I have a litte question :

Can we make page buider buid the page where we want on the server?

Imagine the homepage of LSQL is at the following adresse
http://www.mysite.com/pages/index.html

Can I make pagebuilder build a page at the root of the site :
http://www.mysite.com/builpage.html

Can I make pagebuilder build a page in my cgi-bin directory?

Can pagebuider make any type of page (.html .php .txt .cgi...)

Thanks...

FMP
Quote Reply
Re: [fmp] PageBuilder Plugin Bug In reply to
Hi

I am a user of that very nice plug in...

The answer is Yes, Yes, Yes... It can do al that and more...

Just let your imagination take you or go to my site (all files those are not LSQL pages) are built using that plug in including CGI scripts headeers and footers..
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Re: [fmp] PageBuilder Plugin Bug In reply to
Hi

katabd has already answered your question, I'll provide you with some details.

1) if you want the pagebuilder build root directory to be something else than the LSQL build root directory, enter the path you want in the plugin options.

2) yes, just give the correct path and filename

3) yes, just select the filename you want. What may be misleading is that you have to set "file type" to HTML (not PDF or Postscript) for any text file, i.e. any file that is not a PDF of a postscript file.

I hope that helps.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
I'm getting the following install error:

Quote:
Error running installation code: GT::SQL (18260): File '/home/username/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/defs/PageBuilderPage.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/username/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 62.

I can't recall having any trouble installing other plugins.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks Smile

------------------------------------------

Last edited by:

DogTags: Aug 29, 2002, 4:39 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
What version of Links are you using? You need version 2.1.1. for the PageBuilder plugin.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi yogi

Yeah, I've got 2.11 working here...

Quote Reply
Hmm.

Is that the original error message you get? Maybe your paths are not set correctly?

If you can PM me admin access, I can have a look.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Let me get back to you on this. I might have done something stuuuuuuuupid....Frown I'll report my findings, whether dummy or not...Smile

Yep....I-a-dummie...I had changed the pw on the mysql table but not in the Links SQL setup. Once I corrected the pw, everything worked fine.

Sorry to have wasted your time Frown

I'm now gonna dig into your nice plugin.

Thanks, yogi Smile

Last edited by:

DogTags: Aug 29, 2002, 5:17 AM
Quote Reply
Parent Page

What if you are building the links in a subdirectory?

The page gets built okay, but the Simple Breadcrumb Link has a prob. The Top link goes to the top of the site, not to the top of the subdirectory. I'd like the Top link in the Simple Breadcrumb to go to the top of the subdirectory.

The only choices that I have for the Parent Page are "-" and "Root", even though my build path is ..../public_html/links/blahblah....

Thanks. This plugin is much more elaborate than I expected. It's quite a nice addition. Smile

Last edited by:

DogTags: Aug 29, 2002, 5:53 AM
Quote Reply
So it installed OK this time?

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. Could you tell me:

1) where your links directory is built
2) where you want to build the pagebuilder page
3) what your settings for pb_root_url and pb_root_path are?

Thanks.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Yes, it installed just fine

1. links directory built here:

/home/username/public_html/links

2. pagebuilder page to be built at the following location:

/home/username/public_html/links/about_us.html

3. pb_root_url and pb_root_path are blank...default

My build_root_path is:

/home/username/public_html/links

My build_root_url is:

http://www.mydomain.com/links

Perhaps I should fill in pb_root_path and pb_root_url with the above?

Thanks for your help. Smile

Last edited by:

DogTags: Aug 29, 2002, 6:56 AM
Quote Reply
I entered the build_root_url and build_root_path data into the pb_build_url and pb_build_path boxes, but the Top link still points to:

http://www.mysite.com

not:

http://www.mysite.com/links

I'm not sure.....am I missing something? (Wouldn't surprise me....Smile)

Also, what if admin wanted to switch to a different set of templates for the site? Would that set of templates have to be renamed "default"?

Quote:
Use all the globals and include files of your default template directory.

Many thanks Smile

Quote Reply
If I understand you correctly, then you should be able to do the following:

1) leave pb_root_url and pb_root path empty (the Links SQL build_root_url and build_root_path) will be taken.
2) build a page, with empty directory, and filename "about_us.html". Make it a subpage of "Root".
3) The title linked should then be something like

Home : About Us

where Home is linked to your "links" directory (this is the simple breadcrumb type).

I hope this helps.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
If the admin wants to switch to a different set of templates, they would have to change the file

.tplinfo

I will now say something like

{ inheritance => '../default' }

(or whatever your default template set is). Just change the default bit to whatever you want.

Ivan
-----
> >