Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGINS] Lucene, VideoFetcher, MMEncoder, MMAdd and more...

Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGINS] Lucene, VideoFetcher, MMEncoder, MMAdd and more...
Availability will depend on demand. Here's a very brief description of what they do...
shortly you'll also see them in action. Some of them are packaged, some of them are not.. ALL of them require a custom LSQL
instalation, however, I can adapt the plugins to work with *ANY* LSQL instalation and package them. I just don't want to
do the packing for ALL of them at once, so, as I said, it will be based on demand, I will package just ONE.

Which of this plugins will you choose?

Lucene for LSQL
==========
Replaces the LSQL search engine with the fast, powerful and scalable Lucene Engine. Ideal for high traffic sites or huge catalogs

RelatedLinks (requires the Lucene Plugin)
=========================
Find related records (Links, Videos etc.) in your database fast, cache results and show related links to your users AND search engines to spider your site

MMEncode
======
A set of encoding tools and players such as MMEncoder + ffmpeg + FlowPlayer that integrate with your LSQL instalation to allow for Video Uploading, encoding, sharing etc.

MMAdd
====
Upload Videos to your LSQL instalation using email attachments. Send videos from any device with email sending capabilities.

VideoFetcher
========
Grab videos directly from FaceBook, YouTube and add the directly into your LSQL instalation.

NewsArc for GForum
============
Link any Forum to *ANY* USENET newsgroup (including binary groups) and replicate its contents the same way Google Groups does.

Community Assistant (for GCommunity)
===============================================
Clean forever sessions, temp sessions, send birthday messages
and remind users to validate their accounts if they don't validate after signup.
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] [NEW PLUGINS] Lucene, VideoFetcher, MMEncoder, MMAdd and more... In reply to
How does the MMEncoder plugin work? I used Links SQL on Submissions101.com to categorise videos - but all the videos on that site are hosted on youtube. I am developing a new website very similar to it - but all videos have to be hosted locally as people have to pay to view the videos...

Anyone got experience with storing videos that can be easily streamed (i.e. like on youtube) in a Links SQL installation? If MMEncoder is designed for this - is there a demo of it somewhere so I can see how it works?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] [NEW PLUGINS] Lucene, VideoFetcher, MMEncoder, MMAdd and more... In reply to
Hi Mechael,

I see that most of vidoe site now use .flv to display the video including youtube. It use less traffic than other format.

I have a pljgin which use ffmpeg llib to convert video to flv file. Member can add as many as videos for a link. And these videos will be converted to .flv for displaying. It also can pull flv file from other sites if member input the vedeo url including youtube.

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] [NEW PLUGINS] Lucene, VideoFetcher, MMEncoder, MMAdd and more... In reply to
Do you have a demo of this available somewhere? How much is involved in it?
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] [NEW PLUGINS] Lucene, VideoFetcher, MMEncoder, MMAdd and more... In reply to
The site will be run on a shared server. They won't be able to get extra things installed on the server. It'll just run standard perl, php and mysql etc. I can't add anything to the server. If there is a windows application which converts files to .flv - then the person that will be administering the site can convert them on his PC before uploading them.

Users won't be submitting videos to the site - the admin running the site will be the only person doing it.
Cheers,
Michael Bray