Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Search Cache Plugin

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [SeanP] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
Ahh cool thanks....that fixed the problem!

Ooo 7000 results in 0.03s Cool

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 15, 2002, 2:07 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
I got this message after trying to install the plug in:

Unable to locate the SeachCache.pm file in tar

Crazy What should I do?
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
That happened to me when I intalled the plug in.... from memory I think I just had to rename the tar file. Weird but it worked.... something to do with the name search, not searc or searc or something like that. Wish I could remember exactly.
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
I just renamed the tar to SearchCache.tar at it worked Angelic
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
Thats what it was... I thought it was something like that. Glad it worked! I'll message Tandat (the author) and let him know.l

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
Oops, that was my fault. I put it up on Gossamer with a typo. All fixed!

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but hopefully this is the right place.

After I install the plugin, and then uninstall it, it no longer stores any queries. Anyone else had this?

Also, the SearchCache menu option only actually displays one record, because $db->search options is set to Limit 1.
Quote Reply
Re: [giovanni] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
I'm getting really strange results with this. If I do 10 searches, it will only log 1 search. Strange.
Quote Reply
Re: [giovanni] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
It seems as though you need to specify lots of the parameters to get it to cache, as in:

search.cgi?query=krohn;bool=and;substring=0;mh=25;
Quote Reply
Would it be very difficult to make the SearchCache plugin cache results from the XMLResults plugin as well. As it is now, it doesn't cache the xml results when xml_feed=1 is in the URL. It would be cool to cache XML as well to help speed up your remote searches. Just an idea... Smile

Sean
Quote Reply
Hi Sean,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will update the plugin.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Great plugin Tandat!!! Laugh

One question though.... do you know if there's a way to return cached results on the search_results.html page using the <%link_results_loop%> ???

I installed your plug once before and never got it returning my cached searchs so I uninstalled untill I had more time to figure out what was wrong. Seeing this thread again got me to give it another try and I discovered you plug only returns cached pages using the <%results_loop%>.

I'd really like to use your plug but I've been using some looping stuff for a while now. Can't really go back and change things.

Thanks a lot for any info on that.
Quote Reply
If it isn't very difficult to modify, I wouldn't mind for it to cache my spider results as well. The spider results are displayed by passing spider=1 or spider_only=1 in the URL.

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
It does work - but if you make the same search again (or refresh the page) - you get something strange?!?

like... 1045321368.93 seconds..

Any ideas?

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
Try uninstalling the timer, then reinstalling. The timer plugin has to be installed after the search cache is installed. Wink

Sean
Quote Reply
Hi Sean,

Yeah I tried that - even uninstalled the SearchCache and then installed the Timer last... but same result the second time I search - first time it works..

Klaus

Quote Reply
You might want to edit your admin/Plugins/plugin.cfg file and make sure the info about the timer plugin is after the search cache plugin info.

Sean
Quote Reply
Thanks Sean... did not change anything...

I checked and moved the timer before and after search cache... same result..

First time I search it works - second time with the same search criteria it gives a strange result as above..

Any other ideas?
Klaus

Last edited by:

klauslovgreen: Feb 16, 2003, 10:29 PM
Quote Reply
No sorry, that's what fixed the problem for me. As long as the timer is installed after the search cache plugin, it should be fine. I'm not sure what else could be causing your problem. Make sure the search cache table in empty when trying it again. Also, if you are running under mod_perl, you will need to restart your web server. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Sean

Last edited by:

SeanP: Feb 18, 2003, 4:32 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Sean,

mind if I ask you some questions regarding the spider plugin? how I enable multiple pages (paging) when getting lot of results? I've used the next tag in conjunction with the spider_only variable but it seems to be incorecctly calculating the number of pages.

I also have the problem with the timer plugin and the cache, tried ALL your suggestions, but still I get a very strange results. what happens is that the timer instead of giving me accurate results is incremented one second or two between every click, in fact if I wait 10 seconds before refreshing then the timer will give me 10 seconds (as if it is counting the initial start time variable)

The last problem I have is with the timer when used in conjuction with the spider, looks as if they can not work togheter, again, I followed all the suggestions in this forum to make it work (played with the plugin.cfg file, instlaled, uninstalled etc etc) hope you can give me a hand with all this if it is not much.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Hi Klaus, wonder if you have solved you timer plugin problems when used with the cache.
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] Search Cache Plugin In reply to
No - I ended up removing the cache Plugin as I did not see much performance improvement and I never got the timer to work regardless of many installs/uninstalls...

Klaus

> >