Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

query all records (even unvalidated) with fieldname = x

Quote Reply
query all records (even unvalidated) with fieldname = x
How can you do a query on a field in the LSQL admin (either direct dbase or through the interface) that ALSO returns unvalidated links too not just validated?

I need to do this query:

1) set_ID like 'abc' #contains 'abc' either validated or unvalidated link...

Also is there a way to do a quick search and replace on a multi-selection box value for all links in a certain category?
Quote Reply
Re: [scorpioncapital] query all records (even unvalidated) with fieldname = x In reply to
Hi. How did you want to do this? MySQLMan, LSQL admin panel, Plugin/script?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] query all records (even unvalidated) with fieldname = x In reply to
Do you know how to do a search and replace on a SELECT database field in LSQL monitor?

I.e. you have select options {a,b,c,d} and you want

for all records (in a category?) if select_field = {a}, change select_field = {b}?
Quote Reply
Re: [scorpioncapital] query all records (even unvalidated) with fieldname = x In reply to
I think it is (back up first)

UPDATE Links SET Column_Name=REPLACE(Column_Name,"a","b");
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] query all records (even unvalidated) with fieldname = x In reply to
awesome thanks, I hope it works for LSQL fields that are SELECT fields (from a pool of possible values), but definitely we'll back up!
Quote Reply
Correct; and yes, it should work on a 'select' type field in LinksSQL, because all that translates to in the MySQL database is just normal text Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!