Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PageBuilder Plugin

(Page 5 of 10)
> > > >
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
A few questions:

1. what page type is this (simple, link, category, review, etc)?
2. what is on the page (link information, review information), i.e. what are the 'records' you mention?
3. is this for static of dynamic mode?

It's not possilbe out of the box, but I could do it as a custom job. Contact me if you are interested.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
In Reply To:
A few questions:

1. what page type is this (simple, link, category, review, etc)?
2. what is on the page (link information, review information), i.e. what are the 'records' you mention?
3. is this for static of dynamic mode?

It's not possilbe out of the box, but I could do it as a custom job. Contact me if you are interested.

1-. Just for Category and Simple Pages

2-. Link Information mostly, displayed using globals (but following standards, like using nh, mh variables to let a possible, future next_span module know how to span pages if you know what I mean. In fact, the global I use for displaying links is custom code I extracted from Build.pm

3-. Static mode Only.

Ivan, I don't want to mess with you plugin, but I'm a intermediate Perl programmer, so what you can do is implement the basic stuff and point me in the right direction, i'll do the rest. and please don't forget to quote me the custom modification. how much will it cost?
Quote Reply
Hi Ivan:

I think I may have already made this suggestion before ... Sly

The ability to span pages would be a great enhancement to Pagebuilder. I principally use the 'simple' pages options. At the moment I generate my TOP TEN Programs on one page - that is quite workable, however where I also have RECOMMENDED Programs, these are substantially more than 10 - and therefore the page gets 'very big'.

Whilst I can do this with the Search function - which will split them up - it doesn't give me the flexibility that Pagebuilder would if it could span pages (ie. static pages - search engine friendly etc).

Whilst I see you have made the offer to do a 'custom' job - I believe a lot of people would like this added functionality. Maybe you could consider it for version 2 OR add a 'Pro' version that people could upgrade to for a reasonable price.

Just a few suggestions for you to ponder.

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi,

I'm haven't (yet) got the pagebuilder plugin - so I'm not sure how it works, but if you can use globals and set the page number you could modify this global (modified from a sub taken from somewhere in the links core code) to get what you want. Or Ivan could modify it for the plugin. I've taken out the urls and suggested that your pages would be called page1.html, page2.html etc. I'm using it successfully on dynamic pages on my site.

sub {
# ---------------------------------------------------------------
# Display/calculate a "next hits" toolbar.
#

my ($nh) = @_;
my $maxhits = 10; #links per page
my $numhits = 100; #total number - use a table count to get a precise number or just add your max here
my ($next_url, $max_page, $next_hit, $prev_hit, $left, $right, $upper, $lower, $first, $url, $last, $i);

# Return if there shouldn't be a speedbar.
return unless ($numhits > $maxhits);

$next_hit = $nh + 1;
$prev_hit = $nh - 1;
$max_page = int ($numhits / $maxhits) + (($numhits % $maxhits) ? 1 : 0);

# First, set how many pages we have on the left and the right.
$left = $nh;
$right = int($numhits/$maxhits) - $nh;

# Then work out what page number we can go above and below.
($left > 7) ? ($lower = $left - 7) : ($lower = 1);
($right > 7) ? ($upper = $nh + 7) : ($upper = int($numhits/$maxhits) + 1);

# Finally, adjust those page numbers if we are near an endpoint.
(7 - $nh >= 0) and ($upper = $upper + (8 - $nh));
($nh > ($numhits/$maxhits - 7)) and ($lower = $lower - ($nh - int($numhits/$maxhits - 7) - 1));
$url = "";
# Then let's go through the pages and build the HTML.
($nh > 1) and ($url .= qq~<a href="page1.html">[&lt;&lt;]</a> ~);
($nh > 1) and ($url .= qq~<a href="page$prev_hit.html">[&lt;]</a> ~);
for ($i = 1; $i <= int($numhits/$maxhits) + 1; $i++) {
if ($i < $lower) { $url .= " ... "; $i = ($lower-1); next; }
if ($i > $upper) { $url .= " ... "; last; }
($i == $nh) ? ($url .= qq~$i ~) : ($url .= qq~<a href="page$i.html">$i</a> ~);
if ($i * $maxhits == $numhits) { $nh == $i and $next_hit = $i; last; }
}
$url .= qq~<a href="page$next_hit.html">[&gt;]</a> ~ unless ($next_hit == $nh or ($nh * $maxhits > $numhits));
$url .= qq~<a href="page$max_page.html">[&gt;&gt;]</a> ~ unless ($next_hit == $nh or ($nh * $maxhits > $numhits));
return $url;
}

Hope it helps,

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

I think it would be great if there was a "VIEW" link in the admin area when you list all of the pagebuilder pages. I can't find one at present - but think it would be an excellent addition for being able to view individual pages quickly.

contact Contact Details Simple Details | Modify | Delete | Template | VIEW

Regan.
Quote Reply
hi yogi,

Is there a tag in pagebuilder that shows all of the children under a particular page? - if there are any. I guess it would be similar to the way links works with categories.

What I have is a page that has others below it, and I want to have those show up as links so users know that they are there.

Or do I manually have to enter in the links?

Thanks!

Regan.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
There is a template tag <%sub_page_loop%> that you can use to build a list of all subpages. It doesn't contain the actual link of the sub pages, but you should be able to build the link to the various pages from the information you have.

Try e.g. something like

<a href="<%build_root_url%>/<%page_directory%>/<%page_filename%>"><%page_title%></a>

within

<%loop sub_page_loop%>
<%endloop%>

Hope that helps.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Try e.g. something like

<a href="<%build_root_url%>/<%page_directory%>/<%page_filename%>"><%page_title%></a>

within

<%loop sub_page_loop%>
<%endloop%>

Hope that helps.

Lovely - that worked a treat.

Thanks!

Regan.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi Yogi. Question:

is there a way to implement in pagebuilder staggered AND update building? I do not use the detailed page function of Links SQL, i'm using pagebuilder exclusively, but I will eventually have a problem when building detailed pages in excess of 100.000. can this be done or implemented in a later version?
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi. Question:

is there a way to implement in pagebuilder staggered AND update building? I do not use the detailed page function of Links SQL, i'm using pagebuilder exclusively, but I will eventually have a problem when building detailed pages in excess of 100.000. can this be done or implemented in a later version?
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Staggered building is not possible at the moment.

For this number of pages, you might consider building from the command line. Just type
Code:
perl nph-pagebuilder.cgi
in your Links SQL admin directory.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin >>> 2 questions In reply to
Hi yogi

I have done some changes and it works fine (very good for seach engines)

I would also like to do the following

sub init {
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# initialize plugin variables

$PB_CFG = Links::Plugins->get_plugin_user_cfg('PageBuilder');
$PAGEBUILDER_FIELDS = { link => { filename => [qw/LinkID Title/],
directory => [qw/LinkID Full_Name CategoryID/] },
category => { filename => [qw/CategoryID/],

I would like to know if there is an easy way to make my <%Title%>.html files working like the full catégory name (with a _ instead of spaces, &....)

Txs

FMP

Post deleted by ManuGermany In reply to
Quote Reply
hi yogi,

building static pdf-files is working now.

but I can't get working building dynamic pdf's.

Page Type Link
Page Name sponsorvertrag

Page Title Sponsorprogramm-Vertrag

Parent Page Root

Page Root 0

Breadcrumb Type Link
Page Condition

Meta Description

Meta Keywords

Build Static No
Build Directory

Build Filename sponsorvertrag.pdf

Display Dynamic Yes
View Permissions Registered Users
File Type PDF

page_mimetype application/pdf

All I see then is nothing!

Any ideas??

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Apr 29, 2003, 3:00 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Are you using HTMLDoc for this?

You should have 'build filename' and 'Mimetype' emtpy, it's not needed for this.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Yes I'm using htmldoc.

calling the page http://www.shop-netz.de/...amp;link=265&d=1

shows an empty page, even if I leave BuildFileName and mimeType empty.

By the way. I've seen the htmldoc doesn't convert ä ö ü ß &ouml; &auml; etc or ascii codes like &#174;

Is there a trick?

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Apr 29, 2003, 3:45 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I just tested the PDF feature at my testing site (I hadn't been using HTMLDOC for a while), and everything works fine.

So your problems might have something to do with your installation of htmldoc.

I don't know about the problems with the Umlaute, you could have a look at the htmldoc documentation page at http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc/htmldoc.html, maybe you'll find something there.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
mmmh,

but building static pdf-pages via pagebuilder works fine....

Regards,
Manu

Quote Reply
It must have to do something with dynamic mode, for I can view pages in static-mode but not in dynamic:

http://www.shop-netz.de/...cheDatasheet&d=1

http://www.shop-netz.de/...ktsucheDatasheet.pdf

Regards,
Manu

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Apr 29, 2003, 5:30 AM
Quote Reply
If I use the dynamic link from my posting above, the source code of the blank page is the following:

Quote:

ÿþ< h t m l > < b o d y l e f t m a r g i n = 0 t o p m a r g i n = 0 s c r o l l = n o > < e m b e d w i d t h = 1 0 0 % h e i g h t = 1 0 0 % f u l l s c r e e n = y e s s r c = " h t t p : / / w w w . s h o p - n e t z . d e / c g i - b i n / s h o p / p a g e . c g i ? p a g e = P r o d u k t s u c h e D a t a s h e e t & d = 1 " > < / b o d y > < / h t m l >

Regards,
Manu

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Apr 29, 2003, 5:40 AM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
So your problems might have something to do with your installation of htmldoc.
Hi Yogi, I've played around a little bit and I think the problem hasn't to do anything with my htmldoc-installation at all. The PageBuilder-Plugin converts static-pages, so it works. But in dynamic mode the plugin doesn't create pages on the fly and/or it isn't possible to display already existing -pdf-files by page.cgi?page=....&d=1.

Regards,
Manu

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: May 1, 2003, 11:52 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

I have a problem with category pages - it works ok but the problem is that when making a caregory page it uses a lot of resources as I have several thousand links in each category.

Where can I insert LIMIT 10 for example so it only output the latest 10 links?

I found a way to reduce the number of links actually displayed using row - but I don;t want to use the recources as it is a frequently used page.

Any suggestions are welcomed..

Cheers
Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Yogi,

Can I made extra detailed2 pages in the category directory where they belong?

Thanks,
Ron
Quote Reply
Re: [rsahertian] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Yes you can - I use it for example to make a printer-friendly version of all detailed pages.

Just make a new page - Page Type: Link

And then link to is as:
page.cgi?page=print&link=<%ID%>

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Thanks Klaus,

But must be STATIC also, possible??

Thanks,
Ron
> > > >