Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

(Ghost) line-break with yahoo-subcats??

Quote Reply
(Ghost) line-break with yahoo-subcats??
Hi Everybody,

I have a strange thing whith the yahoo subcat plugin.

I have one column with different categories.

(this is what I see)
---------------------
MAINCAT DOGS

subcat blackdogs
---------------------

(this is what I want)
----------------------
MAINCAT DOGS
subcat blackdogs
----------------------

When I look at the html code, I see only ONE line break <br>, this is the right one, to put the subcat under the main cat. No more further <br> or <p>!

Anybody???

Thanks,
Ron
Quote Reply
Re: [rsahertian] (Ghost) line-break with yahoo-subcats?? In reply to
What is the HTML as generated in the page?

Sometimes, you need to adjust white space, but in your main page code, what do you see?

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [rsahertian] (Ghost) line-break with yahoo-subcats?? In reply to
Hi,

I've detected this too while looking at my site by a friend with an opera-browser..but unfortunately I still haven't found a solution.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] (Ghost) line-break with yahoo-subcats?? In reply to
Ok,

If it's showing up with some browsers, but not others, it's a "white space" problem.

You may not be able to list the items on separate lines, or you may have to remove leading/trailing spaces from between tags. Look at the plugin code, make sure it formats the strings without any white space (' ', \n, \t, etc).

The problem with html, is that it's a page layout description, and it supplies tags, and there are rules for those tags, but each layout engine may interpret rules differently.

Netscape 3.0 +/- handled it _so_ much better than MSIE, that there really was a reason for the "This page looks better in NN 3.0" buttons that were all over the place.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.