Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Adding extra fields in link submission to display on link listing and details page

Quote Reply
Adding extra fields in link submission to display on link listing and details page
I'm wondering if theres any published guide or advice people can point me to about adding extra fields in the link submission form to display extra information in the link listing and detail page for links.

I'm also wondering if theres any sort of wyswig addition for the description box.

Any help appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [roman365] Adding extra fields in link submission to display on link listing and details page In reply to
Hi,

Adding new fields is pretty simple. Goto Database > Links > Properties > Add Field.

Then, to make the HTML (this is for the luna template set), you can use this plugin: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...MakeFormHTML#p304597

For doing some types of fields (i.e SELECTS, RADIO etc), you may also wanna check out my ULTRAGlobals plugin (in my signature below), as this has a couple of functions in it that aim at helping you format them on include_form.html.

Re the WYSIWYG editor - just have a look around on the internet with "free wysiwyg html editor browser" - shouldnt' be too hard to find one to download. They all differ a little bit, but tend to be pretty simple to setup. Afraid I can't go into any more details, as I don't have time Smile

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [roman365] Adding extra fields in link submission to display on link listing and details page In reply to
Here is info on how to setup wyswig editor
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/..._Admin_View_P295800/

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Adding extra fields in link submission to display on link listing and details page In reply to
Thanks folks.

Andy, I already have two of your Ultra Pro packages, I really should get round to doing something with them Blush

I need to get something going with this stuff!

Flamin hell, I never realised a WYSYWIG editor would be so easy to add like that SWDevil!

Last edited by:

roman365: Aug 25, 2009, 10:15 PM