Daily Login Deposit Limit: 3
Validated Review Deposit: 5
Validated Link Deposit: 5 <<WORKING
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] [PLUG-IN] USER MONITOR v1.0.0 In reply to
It appears there isn't a plug-in hook available to tap into the action of validating a review (unlike validating links).

I don't know if this is an oversight on GT's part or what but I have requested that this be added into Links.

So I will not be able to add rewards for validated reviews. An alternative, which is not as good, may be to have the rewards added when a user submits a review (if there is a hook for this even), but this would be unacceptable as a user could just submit junk reviews and claim rewards, even when the reviews have not been validated.

Sorry folks, i tried all morning to find a way, so unless someone can show me where the validate_review hook is, it will not be added.Wink

Links Plugins

Last edited by:

Ian: Aug 2, 2002, 1:07 PM
Quote Reply
You've been making some serious progress Ian! Great job, and thanks for giving these review features a shot. Laugh

That's a shame there may not be a hook for the review validation action. Hopefully someone at GT can point you in the right direction. I'd find it hard to believe there isn't a hook for this.

I know little more than nothing about plugins and hooks, but I thought I may as well mention this with hopes it may help. I took a look at the hooks.cfg and noticed something. After line 2109 there is a hook called 'review_add' and another called 'add_review'. Could it be that one of these is for when the user submits('review_add') and the other for review validation ('add_review'). Chances are you've already looked into this but I thought I'd take a stab in the dark.

Looking good Ian!

Oh I thought of one other thing you may want to think about with the rewards management. Since you already have manual rewards like...

-Reward A User:

Username:_________ Amount:____

-Reward All Users:

Amount:____

-Reward All Users With Certain Status:

You might want to add some method of Reward Collection so you don't have to edit the tables. Maybe something like...

-Collect Rewards From User:

With this users could contact admin with a request to collect their reward. Then the admin could check their statistics then quickly subtract the points from user and give the reward. This way users could keep the points they didn't use. This would be much better than a complete purge of their points. Just something to think about.

Keep up the good work and I hope you get the reviews thing figured out. One can only do what possable though!

Later Ian :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Jonze] [PLUG-IN] USER MONITOR v1.0.0 In reply to
Hi Jonze,

Quote:
-Collect Rewards From User:

With this users could contact admin with a request to collect their reward. Then the admin could check their statistics then quickly subtract the points from user and give the reward. This way users could keep the points they didn't use. This would be much better than a complete purge of their points. Just something to think about.

You can do this with any of the included reward tools, just by entering a negative number!Wink

So you can already collect based on status etc.

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Like I said before, Even Better! Thanks for the info on that Ian.
Quote Reply
Hey Ian,

I was wondering if users profiles could be listed out on a page like this:

User 1
User 2
User 3
Etc...

Even better would be if the user made a choice of a category as thier "home category" then group the user pages by category on spanned pages.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] [PLUG-IN] USER MONITOR v1.0.0 In reply to
Hi Brian,

Quote:
I was wondering if users profiles could be listed out on a page like this:

User 1
User 2
User 3
Etc...

Yes. I could make a loop (custom tag) to list the users, for which you could place into a template. This is currently not in the plugin (from memory).

Quote:

Even better would be if the user made a choice of a category as thier "home category" then group the user pages by category on spanned pages.
Interesting idea. Let me think about this.

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Here's a thought....how about allowing Users to add fave links to thier profile page?
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] [PLUG-IN] USER MONITOR v1.0.0 In reply to
Woudn't that be like the "My Links" plugin that Paul did?
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] [PLUG-IN] USER MONITOR v1.0.0 In reply to
Yes, it does sounds a bit like Paul's mylinks. Maybe you (Rayhne) should have a look at that?

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Or maybe a pathway could be created to tie the plugins together to be a more powerful team?Cool

Edit: Here I go again thinking dynamically! LOL

Last edited by:

Teambldr: Aug 6, 2002, 9:58 AM
Quote Reply
I did have FaveLinks but the bugger crapped out on me so I removed it. No one seems to have missed it so I prolly won't put it back in. However, it occured to me that a User Profile page would be an excellent place for users to list their favorite links.
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] [PLUG-IN] USER MONITOR v1.0.0 In reply to
This thread is getting pretty long, so I am going to detach and start a new thread for 1.1.0.

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] [iUNI] User Monitor v1.0-1.1 In reply to
Hello.

Script is always available?

It is always worked (in reference to iuSpider) ?

Users can deliver an opinion to me ?

Thank you for your answers.

Mick
> >