Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

WYSIWYG in LSQL

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
WYSIWYG in LSQL
While we wait for GTs wysiwyg editor known from the forum and fileman to become part of LSQL, here is a link to a free tool called HTMLarea, with which you can easily make Links SQL have a wysiwyg-editor:

http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/

You only need to add stuff to two templates (add.html and include_form.html) and upload the images and the .js file.Cool

John
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
Strange, their forum is definitely a GT Forum... And the company is Canadian. Any relation with GT?
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
They are so close they can throw oranges at eachothers businesses.

No, they are seperate companies but I will add this, both are awesome! I use both products and will tout praises about both companies.
Quote Reply
It looks like a great tool. (It looks like it needs IE5.5 to work though).
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
Yes it does.

I saw it a few weeks back before release and I was very impressed. It is a very slick interface for FREE!!!!!Cool

Last edited by:

Teambldr: Aug 29, 2002, 7:17 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
Make sure you read the license agreement.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
Okay, we've never actually thrown oranges at the Gossamer Threads offices, just the odd paper airplane.

We finally took the plunge and opened up a feedback Forum on our website. We evaluated a bunch, and went with Gossamer Threads. It wasn't really a contest. Anyway, we've got to support the Vancouver software development community. :-) It's been great, but it's really kept us on our toes.

The license agreement for htmlArea is freeware, so you can do anything you like with it. All we ask is that you maintain our little [?] link to interactivetools.com on the title bar of the htmlArea. Obviously we hope that by exposure to htmlArea, people will think pleasant thoughts about interactivetools.com, but we can't control your thoughts... yet.

Fraser Cain
interactivetools.com, inc.

Tel: (604)689-3347 - Fax: (604)689-3342 - Toll Free: 1(800)752-0455
Software for your Website - http://www.interactivetools.com/

Last edited by:

fcain: Aug 30, 2002, 12:51 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [fcain] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
It's amazing how people can be talking about a website or person on this forum and a few hours later someone from that website or the person being talked about, has signed up Smile.
Quote Reply
Hi Fraser,

Maybe you guys can throw code at each other so I can use the POWERFUL Article Manager syndication tool and publishing controls with the POWERFUL backend of Links SQL?

I can dream!Wink

You and GT ROCK! Thanks to you both for great products!
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
Well, I realized the conversation was unfolding as I was checking through today's web logs, so it's not like we have some super secret technology that lets us know when anyone's talking about us.

Fraser Cain

Quote Reply
that's nice, you paid special attention to other big companies. must be excited at first when you see the traffic form gt;)
Quote Reply
Re: [xpert] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
Well I've been inspired to write my own WYSIWYG editor, starting today - wish me luck (I'll need it)

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 31, 2002, 2:23 AM
Quote Reply
Will it be working in Galeon/Mozilla on Linux? Wink

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
In Reply To:
Will it be working in Galeon/Mozilla on Linux? Wink

No Unsure

It's basically the same as bpShitEditor, about which the author says: "So keep in mind, it's not so much as you're editing shit with this, it's more that you're using shit by using this."

Mozilla users can still use the standard textarea. It would be great if Mozilla supported wysiwyg in the browser ...

John

Quote Reply
I think he was replying to me Wink
Quote Reply
BlushSo, you mean yours will work in Mozilla then? Good luck Tongue
Quote Reply
>>
So, you mean yours will work in Mozilla then?
<<

I hadn't even answered Yogi's question yet, but the answer is no Cool
Quote Reply
Will it work on a Mac too *please*?Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
Just to let you all know, we've upgraded htmlArea to version 2.03. We've also changed the license to be BSD open source, so free to use for almost any use.

http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/

Fraser Cain

Quote Reply
Fraser,

Does it work on a mac?

Last edited by:

Evoir: Jan 3, 2003, 6:41 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
We wish :)
Quote Reply
I would wish to work on Mozilla, too Cool

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
darnit. I would even settle for the "markup" javascript buttons that this forum uses. I think it is the best application of those kinds of text box markup... How difficult would it be to port this functionailty over to LSQL?
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
Yes, those markup buttons are not working, too.
Adds the markup at the end of text. Very disturbing.

Should not be too difficult, to make javascript compatible with Mozilla, too... IMHO.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] WYSIWYG in LSQL In reply to
I think there is no getting round those buttons adding the tags at the end... The idea is that you use it as you type. Vb has the same issue.

I think Sitepoint has a similar textform thingy, and it does work on a mac, but it costs $$.
> >