Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[PLUGIN] Filter_Words
A pretty simple plugin, that will allow you to optionally check the URL, Title and Description. Each of the fields can be switched off, so you only need to check the fields you want. Easy to customize bad word list....

If you use this plugin, please consider sending me some $$$'s (link in the plugin menu)...cheers Angelic

Well, enjoy Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [PLUGIN] Filter_Words In reply to
What if I ban:

ass

...and someone enters:

This website has an assortment of photographs

Last edited by:

Paul: Oct 14, 2002, 4:38 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] [PLUGIN] Filter_Words In reply to
Mmm...suppose i should make it only check words if they are complete. Maybe something like;

if ($IN->param('Title') =~ / $_ /) { ... }

???

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
http://search.yahoo.com/...=regex+word+boundary
Quote Reply
Something like the attached?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
What if I ban:

###

...and someone enters:

This website has an ###ortment of photographs

You've just been censored. Wink

Sean

Last edited by:

SeanP: Oct 14, 2002, 9:05 AM
Quote Reply
Works Great execpt it does not like netscape.
When it finds a bad word, netscape freaks out and displays html in txt format so that you can read all the html instead of looking like a webpage. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by:

mrpixel: Oct 15, 2002, 8:57 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [mrpixel] [PLUGIN] Filter_Words In reply to
Ooopps...sorry, try this one Smile

BTW: Alex still hasn't added it to the admin download area :(

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
ok now i can see the web page in Netscape however, when it denies the submissions it says:
Category: Unknown Tag: 'Category'

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [mrpixel] [PLUGIN] Filter_Words In reply to
Mmmm...interesting. I think this is because @args is not being sent back before the exit call...maybe I should do that before printing the template? Paul, Ivan, anyone got any ideas on this one?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
When there's an error you are printing a template and exiting. You are not passing any of the form input back into the add form and as the category list is auto-generated then that is why you are getting an error.

You should be returning all arguments passed in as well as setting the error tag which will cause the add error page to show properly.
Quote Reply
Hello

I've tested the Filter_Words Plugin & it works properly on the user end

on the admin end, it gives the foollowing error:

Undefined subroutine &Links::SiteHTML::display called at /opt/guide/www.ridesworld.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/Filter_Words.pm line 60.

you can't parse SiteHTML::display from admin.cgi, so you should figure out from which side a user comes (user side/add.cgi, modify.gi) or admin side (admin.cgi) and parse the correct template.
Quote Reply
Hello Andy,

Filter_Words

I posted a genral question regarding this plug in on the other page but I was wondering if you are still doing this plug in and how well it works. Is it compatible with the current version of links sql as I note these posts are over a year old

kind rgds

Kev

Cheers
KevM
Quote Reply
Re: [KevM] [PLUGIN] Filter_Words In reply to
Hi. It should work on 2.1.2, but I havn't tested it. Wih I had the time to check it out for you, but it is absolute madness here at the moment, sorry Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk