Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Yogi’s LinksForum Plugin - Questions

Quote Reply
Yogi’s LinksForum Plugin - Questions
Yogi’s LinksForum Plugin

Is it still available and has anyone installed recently. ?
Is it compatible with the latest LinksSQL and GForum. ?
Can it be used for Categories only. ?
Can you hide it from users of the Standard GForum. ?
Any issues I should know about. ?

Thanks

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Yogi’s LinksForum Plugin - Questions In reply to
I'm using it on the current versions. I have to say that I've modified it quite a bit and I can't quite remember why or how now. I'm not sure whether it can be used for Categories only without modification - I think Ivan will have to answer that. I'm not sure what you mean about hiding it.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Yogi’s LinksForum Plugin - Questions In reply to
Hi Laura

Thanks, I'll try Yogi direct, the reason I didn't was that I thought he had left forums.

Re: Hiding, I have my normal standard forum with about 20 categories.
What I was thinking that a forum for every link tacked on the end of those 20 would be quite large, but this is probably not the case.
They probably can only be accessed via the link or category, would this be correct.

Regards

minesite

Last edited by:

minesite: Jan 19, 2006, 3:43 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Yogi’s LinksForum Plugin - Questions In reply to
Ah, I see what you mean.

It does get very big with a forum for each link. The way I do it is show the root categories (not expandable) on the home page. I think it might be better if these forums were only accessible via the link/category but I'm not sure that is possible (I suppose it might be with some clever template editing).

http://www.theukhighstreet.com/forum/

I do remember now that I had to modify some templates to remove the dropdown list of forums - it was too big.

Laura.
The UK High Street