Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Detailed_Page plugin ?
Am I mistaken or can you build static detailed pages with the Detailed_Page plugin if the specific Category option is set to Yes.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Detailed_Page plugin ? In reply to
the point of the details page plugin is to count hits to the details pages. otherwise, you'd just use page.cgi and bring them up dynamicly without counting, or yes, just turn on static details building.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Hi,

There are a couple of things here.

To build static detail pages set the detailed build option to yes in the config.

You can still link to them with detail_page.cgi and count the hits, I think by passing in <ID>.html (it's been awhile since I've looked or made changes to my templates).

The other thing you can do, is set detail_pages off, and build static categories and use detail_page.cgi to link "virtually" to the detail page, and it will dynamically generate a _static_ page (ie: it will link back to your static categories, without the d=1).

This can save a lot of build time, if your detail pages are not hit often, in relation to categories, and other stuff.

I'm cleaning this up a tad, and will have a new version out shortly, with some of the fixes or suggestions.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Detailed_Page plugin ? In reply to

The other thing you can do, is set detail_pages off, and build static categories and use detail_page.cgi to link "virtually" to the detail page, and it will dynamically generate a _static_ page (ie: it will link back to your static categories, without the d=1).

Thats what I'm doing at the moment but I thought I read somewhere that it would build static for certain categories.
Might be getting it confused with something else.

Thanks for the info.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Quote:
Thats what I'm doing at the moment but I thought I read somewhere that it would build static for certain categories.
Might be getting it confused with something else.

Nope.. it doesnt :)

I'm working on a 'detailed' plugin, which will let you decide which links you want to have a detailed page for (huge space saver for people who don't want detailed pages for every link in their directory).

I'll post something once I have a beta version out (possibly today/tomorrow).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Detailed_Page plugin ? In reply to
Thats more what I'm looking for, to be able to pick and choose what gets built.

I use the pagebuilder plugin but it has restrictions when using multiple templates, unless I'm not using it correctly.Tongue
[ Which very well maybe the case ]

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Yeah, thats what this plugin will do. Just a Yes/No select button for each link, which lets the admin decide if a detailed page should be built for each link.

Don't really use PageBuilder that much... but it may do what you are askin (yogi may be able to point you in the right direction, if it can do this).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Detailed_Page plugin ? In reply to

Just a Yes/No select button for each link, which lets the admin decide if a detailed page should be built for each link.

Would selecting a Category, all links in a Category be an option for this ?

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Not really Frown

I'm just posting the release details now (this forum, look out for it in about 10 seconds :p).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk