Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
'Contact Us' Plugin...
I'm just wondering...would there be anyone interested in a 'contact us' plugin? Basically, it would let you recieve emails from your LSQL installation. It would be template based, so that you can customize to your hearts content.

What do you lot think of something like that?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] 'Contact Us' Plugin... In reply to
hi,

maybe there are a few people, who may use this but I'm using eMail and that's enough.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Yeah I think it would be useful as you could use it as feedback for each link as well right..and include any tags?

Guess it could also be used to allow users to contact link owners?

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] 'Contact Us' Plugin... In reply to
Yeah, the main thing I was thinking about was;

Template Based, so you can fit it into your site, dynamically if required...
Possibly even the option to enter the details into a SQL table, and then view entries via the plugins part of the admin panel.

I think if I add all of these features, this plugin would sell for about $25. How does that sound to people?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Would that mean I could conduct surveys and store the answers in the Community database and export the info for analysis?

Klaus

Price is fine

Quote Reply
Mmm...not sure what you mean Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Sorry I was not clear...

Say I make a 'contact' template with a number of dropdowns that people can select and then hit submit/send and then the answers gets stored in the users Community Profile (inviaible to the user though) so I could use their replies to certain questions later on?

ie. if a user answered YES to something then show a certain text message on their community homepage...

I know this is quite an extension of the contact us - but I got triggered by you saying you intend to store information in a database...

Klaus

Quote Reply
I may introduce this in future versions, but I think it may be better/safer to develop the more basic version first, debug that; and once thats safe to use, then work on the extra features Smile Debugging a large plugin like you are asking for, is a pain in the arse Laugh

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok Andy - just in case you need some inspiration Cool

Quote Reply
Hi,

Not to tread on Andy's toes, but $25 for this is a bit steep, unless there is something really added to it.

I've modified the recommendit plugin, based on some other feedback to do about this. Basically, it simply became a links sql based version of formmail.

I'm not sure what you mean by storing and using the users answers in their community profile. Why store it there? It would make more sense to store it in a separate table with their username, rather than clutter any community record.

What would you want in the plugin?

Basically All the recommend it plugin is is a form that passes the data through the GT mailer, after getting a few fields from the Links record. If you cut that out, you can turn it into a response mailer, or almost anything similar, including a simpler 'send this page'.

I can post the modified version if there is an interest. I'm still trying to organize all the plugins before re-releasing any more, so I don't get them all confused.

Drop downs, fancy features, etc, are just things you would want to add to the templates. If this is something you need, multiple fields, etc, I could store the body/text as a "dumper" dump, so you can use arbitrary fields in your templates. You wouldn't have to edit the tables (but you couldn't do real searches on the data) but you could display the arbitrary data easily in a table/graph on a page for each comment/suggestion. This may not be clear, but except for the dump/undump code, all this is pretty much in the recommendit plugin already. You just need to change the template/html code.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] 'Contact Us' Plugin... In reply to
Hi,

I am already using your recommendIt plugin-in heavily modified - one thing that might be very useful was if you could easily use the recommendIt with various templates for different purposes.

The reason I wanted to store the data is for two reasons:

1. If we ask certain questions to the users like 'How frequently do you travel?' then we could later on target those users that answered weekly with a personalized message on their Community front page (or elsewhere).

2. To automatically create a report based on answers - as you suggest - graphs, numbers, percentages etc...

Currently I use a modified version of a bug-report script as a feedback form - and it works ok...

Cheers
Klaus

Quote Reply
Hi,

There was no response to

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=226393

I thought i had asked for something out of context.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] 'Contact Us' Plugin... In reply to
Maybe I'll have to write one for LSQL, and then port it over toi GForum too then Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
re: various templates

That should be almost trivial. pass in a template parameter, and change the hard coded template to the variable.

My reporting/stats stuff is a ways down the road. I still have the amazon-like review system to work up, but it will be more geared to an auction system at first, and a "ranking" system for both vendors and items/products.

I'll probably have a new version of this released soon. Along with some of the others.

My problem is that with the loss of my other machine, the "versions" were lost as well, so I have to figure out which version on what site is the "newest" and go from there.

If you've made changes you'd like to see in this version, send me a copy of your script, and I'll see what can be incorporated. Pretty much everything is released with a modified GPL now, so user mods will be incorporated as possible, or noted where there is a choice.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] 'Contact Us' Plugin... In reply to
Hi Pugdog,

The template part is really the most needed in my opinion. You need to fix a few things when people install the plug-in as far as I rememeber (some init is set to you site I believe...)

Otherwise a very useful plugin

The changes I have done are hard-coded to my site - so probably not very useful for you...(and mostly cosmetic)

Klaus