Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
bad link question
Hi

In Pugdod bad_link plug in..

How can I make the URL field in the View report screen clickable where it takes me to the site to view it...

That will be easier that for lazy people Wink
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] bad link question In reply to
I'd have to look, but I think that portion is hard coded (this was an _old_ first-try script).

If the query gets * you could probably link it just using the URL field. If it only returns a few fields, add the URL field, and you can link that way.

I'll take a look at this in the next few days, and update this.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Hi

the solution is to edit bad_link.pm

find :

<$FONT>$hit->{URL}</font>

and replace it with:

<$FONT><a href="$hit->{URL}">$hit->{URL}</a></font>

that will do it
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Great :) I'll update the package to add that.

Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] bad link question In reply to
You may wish to open the link in a new window. Also, I changed $output as follows to allow one to quickly delete or modify the listing, within same page:

$output .= qq!
<tr><td><$FONT><a href="$CFG->{admin_root_url}/admin.cgi?db=Links&do=delete_search_form&ID=$id" target="new">Delete $id</a> | <a href="$CFG->{admin_root_url}/admin.cgi?db=Links&do=modify_search_form&ID=$id" target="new">Modify $id</a></font></td><td><$FONT><a href="$hit->{URL}" target="new">$hit->{URL}</a></font></td><td><$FONT>$hit->{Title}</font></td><td><$FONT>$hit->{Status}</font></td></tr>
!;

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] bad link question In reply to
Nice..

I think you should do:

<tr><td><$FONT><a href="$CFG->{admin_root_url}/admin.cgi?db=Links&do=delete_search_form&ID=$id" target="new">Delete $id</a> | <a href="$CFG->{admin_root_url}/admin.cgi?db=Links&do=modify_search_form&ID=$id" target="new">Modify $id</a></font></td><td><$FONT><a href="$hit->{URL}" target="new">$hit->{URL}</a></font></td><td><$FONT>$hit->{Title}</font></td><td><$FONT>$hit->{Status}</font></td></tr>

as

<tr><td><$FONT><a href="$CFG->{admin_root_url}/admin.cgi?db=Links&do=delete_search_form&ID=$id" target="new">Delete $id</a> | <a href="$CFG->{admin_root_url}/admin.cgi?db=Links&do=modify_search_results&ID=$id" target="new">Modify $id</a></font></td><td><$FONT><a href="$hit->{URL}" target="new">$hit->{URL}</a></font></td><td><$FONT>$hit->{Title}</font></td><td><$FONT>$hit->{Status}</font></td></tr>
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Yes, great idea to bypass a step! And to restrict to one ID since this is what we really want:

<tr><td><$FONT><a href="$CFG->{admin_root_url}/admin.cgi?do=delete_search_results&db=Links&ID=$id&ID-opt=%3D" target="new">Delete $id</a> | <a href="$CFG->{admin_root_url}/admin.cgi?do=modify_search_results&db=Links&ID=$id&ID-opt=%3D" target="new">Modify $id</a></font></td><td><$FONT><a href="$hit->{URL}" target="new">$hit->{URL}</a></font></td><td><$FONT>$hit->{Title}</font></td><td><$FONT>$hit->{Status}</font></td></tr>

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] bad link question In reply to
You guys realize that you are the first two to have a real discussion or input about any of my plugins, mods or code fragments :)

Much appreciated :)

Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Well you know why pugdog..

Cus your plugins come always so perfect they do not need any discussion... Tongue
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
I do appreciate the laugh! But now I have to go take some aspirin for the bruise I got falling out of my chair <G>

Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
In that case, you can cut each of us in for share of the profits in lieu of consulting fees - still in your chair Smile Great work on the LSQL plugins - they are greatly appreciated by all (including the silent majority)!

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln