Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

MyLinks2 verses GT bookmarks

Quote Reply
MyLinks2 verses GT bookmarks
Hello

We are running Mylinks 2, and we want to start using GT bookmark..

has anyone been able to convert the data from Mylinks to the bookmarkl from GT?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] MyLinks2 verses GT bookmarks In reply to
I would also like to do this at some point but haven't started investigating it yet. I'd be interested to hear how easy you find it Wink

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] MyLinks2 verses GT bookmarks In reply to
We had it done..

It only needs an SQL import and export utility and it took less than 5 minutes.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Wow - that sounds good. Thanks for letting me know.
Quote Reply
I sort of stopped the developing of the MyFavLinks system, but it uses the best of the MyLinks, MyFaves and GLinks bookmarks.

I should have a GLinks compatible version released with the Photographers & Models system.

It adds a few features to the GLinks system that I felt were missing, such as allowing links to persist even after the Links database copy was deleted, allows users to modify titles and urls, and to add comments. It also handles images and other formats a little differently.

I forget which site had the most recent release on it (Links SQL 2.x compatible), but the updated one will be in the P&M system, and should have a demo as more parts are connected.

The more your Links system does, the more your bookmarks have to do to keep up with it. :)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] MyLinks2 verses GT bookmarks In reply to
Thank you, that sounds promising.
Regards
KaTaBd