Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Calender Plug in wish list

Quote Reply
Calender Plug in wish list
hello Andy

I just finished customizing the calendar plug in and three pieces I wish it had in it:

- Guests ability to view the public calendar without having to sign in or have an account on the site.
- Add entry ability to specify a location for the public event (zip code or city and country)
- Then a search function for the public calendar for all field so users can find events with location, subject or body contents.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Calender Plug in wish list In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
- Guests ability to view the public calendar without having to sign in or have an account on the site.

In calendar_public.cgi, please comment out:

Code:
check_login();

..that should let normal users access the calendar :)

Quote:
Add entry ability to specify a location for the public event (zip code or city and country)

So add a location/country/zip field to the calendar entries?

Quote:
- Then a search function for the public calendar for all field so users can find events with location, subject or body contents.

Ok should be able to do that.

Not sure when I'm gonna be able to do this though - as I've still got that other job to do for you, as well as quite a few other jobs to try and get finished off.

(I'll favorite this post, so hopefully I remember to find it <G>)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!