> >
Quote Reply
[iUNI] Remote Count V2.1.x

Remote Count 2.1.x

Remote Count 2.1.0 Released.

1. Added TopX_Start and TopX_ListSize to the TopX Tag
2. Updated documentation
3. Corrected title length capping error

Note: You will need to change your rc_rank.html template to suit the new tag format. If you wish to start at a rank of 1, then enter 0, NOT 1 as the TopX_Start.

Top X Count

# This subroutine returns the toplist
# Called with <%Plugins::RemoteCount::TopXCount('TopX_Start','TopX_ListSize','Max Title Length', 'Sort Order')%>
# Order:
# iox - IN OUT EXP
# ixo - IN EXP OUT
# xoi - EXP OUT IN
# xio - EXP IN OUT
# oix - OUT IN EXP
# oxi - OUT EXP IN

Example: <%Plugins::RemoteCount::TopXCount('50','20','75', 'xio')%>

Returns the top 20 (from rank 50 to rank 70), with titles capped at 75 chars, and order by Exposures, In's then Out's

Note: "Birds of a feather floc ..." This would be a setting of 23 for example... giving a total string length of 27 (4 for the space and three dots).

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins

Last edited by:

Ian: Aug 2, 2002, 9:44 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] [iUNI] Remote Count V2.1.x In reply to
Your rank trends may be a little bizarre for the first couple of builds/views after upgrading or changing the size of the list.

The new TopX tag may or may not produce wierd trend information. Just a reminder, I am still not supporting the trend column, and I may pull it out if it does not seem to work out with the future versions (hopefully we can keep it though).

There is a discussion started on my forum about some issues surrounding the trend information, be sure to check it out and add your comments.

Thanks

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Thanks IAN

that sounds like a nice add on..I will be checking it out shortly..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Hi,

I have changed my remote count so that the links owner displays the current rating of their site instead of a counter or logo. This means that I need to edit the plugin code before I can do the update. I'm happy to keep doing this but it isn't a big change and it would be an extra option for the plugin - is anyone else interested in having this as an option?

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] [iUNI] Remote Count V2.1.x In reply to
For a smaller, more defined database thar may be a very nice option.Cool If someone has a thousand links then these people will work on their positioning more due to it seeming like an attainable goal. In a larger database of say 50,000 it may need to be broke out by top level category to get the best results using the links rank.
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] [iUNI] Remote Count V2.1.x In reply to
Oh, I meant the user rating rather than the ranking but that might be another alternative.
Quote Reply
Did you mean for User Monitor or Remote Count?
Quote Reply
For remote count -

the remote site would display something like this:

Quote Reply
I see...so you are basing it on the rating system to create a star rating and inserting the total votes as well. So the ranking in RC is not shown. That would work for all sizes.

It is when you use the ranking within RC that the size of the database would become relative to the quality of output.

Looks nice!Cool
Quote Reply
Yes, I agree - I think that it would really only be the very top ranked sites that would want to display their ranking on their site. I was thinking about displaying the current ranking of all sites on their detail page - but I think this involves adding another column with the ranking in which needs updating during the build or by running another script and haven't got round to thinking this through properly yet.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Hi
Unless IAN move the RC to its owne table using and Links Field in the RC_counter should not be a problem..
Even the link to the site rating page can be defined through the template..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
but I think this involves adding another column with the ranking in which needs updating during the build or by running another script and haven't got round to thinking this through properly yet.[/quote]No you do not need another column...
Check out our site (any detailed page for a link) so many links information are available with no add ons or modifications..
Regards
KaTaBd

Last edited by:

katabd: Aug 3, 2002, 11:20 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] [iUNI] Remote Count V2.1.x In reply to
Hi KaTaBd,

No none of it is a problem - in fact it is very easy and I have it working Smile

I just wanted to see whether anyone else wanted to use it - at the moment every time I upgrade I have to edit the plugin files so that my extra field 'Rating' in the RC_Display column doesn't disappear and the plugin doesn't stop working. If other people wanted to use it I might be able to persuade Ian to add it to the code!Wink

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
I have had a quick look and didn't find a ranking on the detailed page?

(Like the site by the way!)

At the moment, the ranking columns in the links database include the correction which allows you to display the trend (which I think is a great addition to this plugin) - I think that to display the actual ranking you would need an extra column which has the current value of the ranking.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Wow, looks like there was even more going on in RC than in the EM thread today!!Smile

Quote:

I might be able to persuade Ian to add it to the code!

It may not take much persuading. I'd be interested in having a look at what you have done to acheive this (maybe we could add your mods to the core code). I will have to see how 'generic' it is, so there is little to no effect on RC for those who don't wish to use it.

I can see I may need some more 'if' statements based on EMSettings throughout the code soon, so certain features can be turned on or off.

I am going to be away for most of this week, but I will check in when I can for support questions.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone!Cool

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
I do see your point.. I think I misunderstood....

Sorry.. Smile
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Thanks for the nice comments....

One useful if in the rc_rank fiel that i will be using is:

<%if RC_Count > 1%>

and that will limit the display to the sites that only has the code on their sites..

But I see that you do not use the HIT count on your site..
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Hi Ian,

I've just uploaded the new version and its working Smile

I think that you might need to change the

my $rank = 0;

to

my $rank = $topx;

Otherwise the trend information will really get confused.

Also, to have the correct rank displayed in the table (instead of 1 to whatever on every page), you just need to add

$data->{Rank} = $rank;

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
ooops. You are so right.

Thanks Laura, I will put it into v2.1.1 :)

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
How about an exportable top ten?

In other words allow another site to show your top ten links on thier site.

EDIT: Even better would be by category!!! Tongue

Just a thought!Cool

Last edited by:

Teambldr: Aug 5, 2002, 9:13 AM
Quote Reply
Hi

That will be real nice...
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Hmm, yet another great idea.

Keep them coming... i'll see what I can do for RC3!

I am going to release an small update for UM soon. It is basically an afinlr written upgrade (thanks Laura), and has some nice things in it.

Links Plugins

Last edited by:

Ian: Aug 5, 2002, 7:36 PM
Quote Reply

Remote Count 2.1.1 Released

1. Some modification to the trend generation and rank tags.
2. Added RC_Rating functionality, which is basically another option for the users site (Image, Counter, Rank). Includes additional template rc_rating.html.
3. Updated documentation
4. Replaced row_num tag with Rank tag in default rc_rank template.
5. Added new tool which can reset trends for any of the trend combinations (eg. iox, xoi etc).

Thanks Laura, this basically been your update!

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
And I thought you will try harder to **be away for this week** Tongue
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
LOL. I can't help it, it is a sicknessAngelic

Links Plugins
> >