Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

default banners won't disappear

Quote Reply
default banners won't disappear
I've recently installed adcycle under linksSQL, and everything seems to be running fine,

I've been able to have banners targeted to specific categories display just fine whenever I visit that category.

However when I don't have a banner assigned to a category, it keeps displaying the Adcycle "default" banner (all throughout the directory)

I tried setting the weights of the default banners to "0", and then I tried deleting them, but that black default banner still shows up...???

If I don't have a banner assigned to a category, I don't want a banner to be displayed there...

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Roger
Quote Reply
Re: [fairway] default banners won't disappear In reply to
Hi. I thought this was a bug at first. Basically, you need to define a gif/jpg banner and set that to be shown as the default. For some reason they didn't enable rich media or anything other than direct jpg/gif images to be shown as the default.

Hope that helps.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] default banners won't disappear In reply to
Alright now here's the wierd part... I discovered that I could turn off the default banners in my LinksSQL admin by going to Plugins, then clicking "edit" and setting default ="0" So now the default banners aren't showing in every category that doesn't have banners assigned (so far so good) However, the categories for which I DO have banners assigned are now displaying the adcycle "default" banner, instead of the banner they should be... The "default" banner just does not want to DIE.... What's going on now ???? I'm totally clueless now....
Quote Reply
Re: [fairway] default banners won't disappear In reply to
Bumping message up... hoping for a reply : )