Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[UPDATE] Recip_Link
Hi,

I'm working on a new version of Recip_Link.

Heres the features I'm already going to be putting in:

1) Option of changing "Description" to lowercase - this helps stop people submitting all CAPS descriptions (*really* gets annoying :P)
2) Option of requiring a recip link, or just making it optional.
3) Updates HasRecip field in Links table, if they have a valid recip link on their page (this lets you show both ordered the links by HasRecip DESC, and also do stuff like <%if HasRecip%>show different link, or more stuff<%endif%>
4) Checks for duplicate links, to make sure they haven't already got a listing with the same URL =)
5) A function to run via your browser (in plugin area), and also a check.cgi script that can be setup to run via cronjob, or manually via Telnet/SSH
6) I'm going to update the category selecting stuff in the templates - as the old version doesn't seem to ware very well with the newer GLinks versions.

I think thats it so far. Any suggestions before I get on with the new version are much appreciated =)

Cheers

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [UPDATE] Recip_Link In reply to
Hi,

Version 3.0 is now available for download from our "Members Area".

It now works fine with all types of the category select (i.e AJAX, pre-select or dropdown).

If anyone has any issues, please let me know.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I've just install this plugin. And in readme there is this text:

Setting Up
This plugin is pretty simple to setup. First, just edit the templates (explained here), and then it should work :)

Requirements
The main requirements are as follows:

Gossamer Forum (1.2+)
GD Image module
About
This plugin lets you show a security image for anyone sending a private message. This is aimed at stopping people from abusing the system. Each time the page is loaded, a random string is generated - and shown in an image. If they get the string of characters wrong, it won't let them send the private message until they do sort it.

Etc.etc. I guess...something from other plugin Smile

Also, if I want to check for recip link like www.domain.com/links/ do I need to put that exact url or www.domain.com will be fine? I mean, if user put on their page something like www.domain.com/links/, and I put in check_URL just www.domain.com will this be checked as true or false?

Regards.

UnReal Network

Last edited by:

deadroot: Feb 16, 2008, 6:49 AM
Quote Reply
Is Recip_links checked on automatically after adding link or does this need to run via cron?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] [UPDATE] Recip_Link In reply to
Hi,

Its checked when someone actually submits the link- but can also be checked via check.cgi (via SSH, or setup on cronjob)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Hi,

Its checked when someone actually submits the link- but can also be checked via check.cgi (via SSH, or setup on cronjob)

Cheers

Cool. Still wating for answer on question posted above this :)

Second question is, if user modify link, is it then also checked?

UnReal Network

Last edited by:

deadroot: Feb 18, 2008, 1:21 PM
Quote Reply
Also, from setup:

This is the field that is used to check for a Recip link. Example: RecipURL, URL2, LinkingURL, or pretty much whatever you want to call it. YOU NEED TO ADD THIS VIA Database > Links > Properties > Add Field
Recip_Field :

Ok. I guess, I need to add new column to Links table but which type? Form type? Form Regax? Should I just copy properties from URL column?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
deadroot wrote:
I've just install this plugin. And in readme there is this text:

Setting Up
This plugin is pretty simple to setup. First, just edit the templates (explained here), and then it should work :)

Requirements
The main requirements are as follows:

Gossamer Forum (1.2+)
GD Image module
About
This plugin lets you show a security image for anyone sending a private message. This is aimed at stopping people from abusing the system. Each time the page is loaded, a random string is generated - and shown in an image. If they get the string of characters wrong, it won't let them send the private message until they do sort it..

Mmm.. odd. I use a "basic template" for my readme (mainly cos I release so many plugins, it saves time to have a generic template set =)). Obviously forgot to update a couple of the sections <G>

I'll get that sorted.

Quote:
Also, if I want to check for recip link like www.domain.com/links/ do I need to put that exact url or www.domain.com will be fine? I mean, if user put on their page something like www.domain.com/links/, and I put in check_URL just www.domain.com will this be checked as true or false?

I'm not 100% sure what your asking. If YOU set the URL as www.domain.com, and the USER puts on their site http://www.domain.com/sub-folder, it will still match - as it has www.domain.com in it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
deadroot wrote:
I've just install this plugin. And in readme there is this text:...

The Readme should make more sense in the new version (on our site now) Smile Sorry about that.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
deadroot wrote:
Also, from setup:

This is the field that is used to check for a Recip link. Example: RecipURL, URL2, LinkingURL, or pretty much whatever you want to call it. YOU NEED TO ADD THIS VIA Database > Links > Properties > Add Field
Recip_Field :

Ok. I guess, I need to add new column to Links table but which type? Form type? Form Regax? Should I just copy properties from URL column?

Yeah, something like this should work:

Name: RecipURL
Type: CHAR
Size: 255

Form Type: TEXT

You shouldn't need a regex really, as the plugin knows if a URL isn't valid Smile

Quote:
Second question is, if user modify link, is it then also checked?

You need to run check.cgi for this to be done. It doesn't check on the modify_link hook.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:

You need to run check.cgi for this to be done. It doesn't check on the modify_link hook.

Cheers

Ok. This is then proposal for new version. To make hook for modify_link.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
I don't get this part. I need to include this field in my form.

Code:
<div class="row clear">
<label for="Recip_URL" class="name">Recip URL:</label>
<div class="value">
<input type="text" id="Recip_URL" name="Recip_URL" value="<%if Recip_URL%><%escape_html Recip_URL%><%endif%>" class="text" />
</div>
</div>

That's fine. But what can happen. User submit some link, ie. www.mylink.com, but in this Recip_URL he puts some page, ie www.somebodylink.com which already have recip link to our site (not his page), and everything will goes fine with script. No error will be displayed. Or am I wrong?

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,
deadroot wrote:
Andy wrote:

Cheers

Ok. This is then proposal for new version. To make hook for modify_link.

Regards.
There was one before - but the problem was, if you had it set to require validation of changes, then the images get screwed up, as they are stored in a different table.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
That's fine. But what can happen. User submit some link, ie. www.mylink.com, but in this Recip_URL he puts some page, ie www.somebodylink.com which already have recip link to our site (not his page), and everything will goes fine with script. No error will be displayed. Or am I wrong?

You don't have to do it like that. You could just use the "URL" field, and make the Recip_Required optional. Then, if they enter someone else's URL, there's no point as they wouldn't be submitting their own URL Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok, I'm using URL to check for recip link.

Now, when I set recip_link to be required then everything is ok. Has_priority is set to 1 after adding link. But, if I setup Recip_required to be on off that Has_priority isn't setup to 1 after link is added and he has recip_link on site.

Also, should "Has_Rating" be also setup automatically or?

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Also, just for the record, recip_good_email.html and recip_bad_email.html templates are mixed :)

(text for one is placed in other)

Wink

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
Also, just for the record, recip_good_email.html and recip_bad_email.html templates are mixed :)

(text for one is placed in other)

Thanks, I'll get that fixed up.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,
deadroot wrote:
Ok, I'm using URL to check for recip link.

Now, when I set recip_link to be required then everything is ok. Has_priority is set to 1 after adding link. But, if I setup Recip_required to be on off that Has_priority isn't setup to 1 after link is added and he has recip_link on site.

Also, should "Has_Rating" be also setup automatically or?

Sorry. that makes almost no sense :P

Quote:
to be on off that

Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok. Sorry. I was really in hurry so this was one quick explanation. Now to show slow one Smile

Everything works fine with Recip_Link and setting priority (Has_Priority filed in glinks_Links table) if I put that user is required (Recip_Required filed) to put recip link on their page.

But, if I put Recip_Required field to "false" (users are not required to put recip link on their home page to accep his link in database), then Recip_Link plugin doesn't work. By this I mean that then "Has_Priority" field in glinks_Links tables isn't set to 1 (or true) although user have recip link on submitted page.

Is this make any sense? Wink

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Another think, just receive report from my cron that checks for links:

<p><font face='Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica' size=2>A fatal error has occured:</font></p><blockquote><pre>Undefined subroutine &Links::SiteHTML::display called at /home/admin/check.cgi line 147.
</pre></blockquote><p><font face='Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica' size=2>Please enable debugging in setup for more details.</font></p>
Undefined subroutine &Links::SiteHTML::display called at /home/admin/check.cgi line 147.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Please give version 3.1 a go (from the Members Area). I believe I've managed to get those bugs squished now =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
This is working ok :)

Just one question. "Has_Rating" field in Links. This is for setting special image for links that have recip link, right?

This must be done manually or?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
This is working ok :)

Phew! LOL

Quote:
Just one question. "Has_Rating" field in Links. This is for setting special image for links that have recip link, right?

Yeah, this is just so you can do something like this in the templates:

Code:
<%if Has_Rating%>
show image here, or something
<%endif%>

Just lets you control a bit more links that should have something special shown next to them =)

And yes, you have to manually update this field - its not updated by Recip_Links.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:

Yeah, this is just so you can do something like this in the templates:

Code:
<%if Has_Rating%>
show image here, or something
<%endif%>

Just lets you control a bit more links that should have something special shown next to them =)

And yes, you have to manually update this field - its not updated by Recip_Links.

Cheers

Hm..ok. Although, don't know you somebody would need to use <%if Has_Rating%> and not just <%iif Has_Priority%> Unimpressed

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Has_Rating doesn't really have much to do with Recip_Link

Its just lets people pick out their favorite (or sponsors :P) from the listings - so it lets them show an image (or make the link look different). Was a request I had when I first wrote the plugin =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk