Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Plugin - Email After Submission

Quote Reply
Plugin - Email After Submission
Hi,

A lot of people have been trying to figure out why no email is sent AFTER the submission of a new link. This is because, AFAIK, LinksSQL doesn't do this. Emails are sent out when "a link is deleted/validated", or the admin is being notified of the new link.

The attached plugin lets you send an email to the owner, letting them know that their submission has been received.

Its nothing fancy, but should do the trick.

Thanks Charlie (Chaz) for the final hash-merging fix, as that was doing my head in :|

Simply install the plugin, and then edit add-email-pre.txt , and that should be all you need to do Cool

Anyway, enjoy!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Plugin - Email After Submission In reply to
This is a very strange one indeed...

We use this plugin to send emails to users after they submit links. It works perfectly from past experience.

Today I had an email from someone that added a link to their bookmarks, and then received an email confirming their link submission with the same ID and Title of the link they added to their bookmarks. There was no link submission in the admin panel - it seems as if the plugin randomly fired at the wrong plugin hook, which doesn't seem possible.

I've never had any questions about this before so it looks like an isolated incident. Other than a minor change to the plugin code to use the new email templates instead of the 'old' ones, the code hasn't been changed.

I'd be interested in any suggestions as to what might have happend, the whole thing seems very odd to me Unsure.
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] Plugin - Email After Submission In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. very odd. I don't see any way at all that could have happened :/ The only hook called in this pluign - is user_add_link - and thats only accessed via add.cgi.

Adding a bookmark is done via handle_bookmark I believe (i.e a totally separate hook), so I can't see any way that could happen Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!