Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PageBuilder - include include_header.html - different template set

Quote Reply
PageBuilder - include include_header.html - different template set
Hi All

I switched template sets to a custom set.

However, the include_header.html that Pagebuilder keeps pulling is the original include_header.html.

It's not pulling the new header file.

How can I get PB to recognize the header file (and others) from the new template set?

Thanks Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] PageBuilder - include include_header.html - different template set In reply to
Do I have to re-compile the templates somehow?

Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] PageBuilder - include include_header.html - different template set In reply to
Okay, I get it. You have to put the include_file.html into the local pagebuilder directory, too - at least, that's what I ended up doing.

Is there a way for PB to pull include files from a non-default set of templates?

Thanks Smile

Quote Reply
Check the .tplinfo file in the Pagebuilder template set.
Should be something like

{
inheritance => '../default'
}

Just change default to the name of your new set.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] PageBuilder - include include_header.html - different template set In reply to
Thanks, afinlr.

I changed to:

{
inheritance => '../new_template_set'
}

but I still had to put the include files into /pagebuilder/local. That was the only way I could get it to work.

Does changing { inheritance => '../default' } work for you?

Maybe I'm goofing up something.

Thanks Smile

Last edited by:

DogTags: May 2, 2004, 2:10 AM
Quote Reply
Sorry - don't use Pagebuilder so I haven't tested this. But this is how I thought the .tplinfo file worked - if it can't find the file in the current template set it will look in the set defined in that file. Maybe it doesn't work for includes though? Maybe another Pagebuilder user could comment?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] PageBuilder - include include_header.html - different template set In reply to
Thanks, afinlr Smile

Your reasoning seems sensible, but it looks like we might not have hit the target yet.

Anyone know how to get PageBuilder to recognize a non-default template set?

Thanks Smile

Quote Reply
**bump**

Any other thoughts about how to get PB to recognize a non-default template set?

Thanks Smile Smile

Quote Reply
I have been working with this plugin trying to do the same thing as you for some time now. Ivan told me that changing the plugin so that would be multiple templates sets was not for anytime soon. But then I did what you did, ie I included all template I needed in the same folder as the other templates in the pagebuilder template directory and that worked fine.
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] PageBuilder - include include_header.html - different template set In reply to
Hi nt6

I don't mind copying over the files to the PB local directory, but it would be nice if you could easily point to another template set.

Thanks

Smile

Quote Reply
I agree 100%. Please, talk to Yogi.
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] PageBuilder - include include_header.html - different template set In reply to
I think what I might do is start a different thread with a better Title.

I don't think my dumb, wordy title is working very well, but it's too late to edit it. The thread title should be:

PageBuilder - Using non-default template set - How?

Quote Reply
Hello

you can include any file you want in the pagebuilder pages by specifying the full path in the include tag.

i.e.

Code:
<%include /full/path/to/your/directory/include_header.html%>

<%include /home/abo-200/web/site.com/web/www/gl/cb/admin/templates/V4/local/inc_java_default.html%>

Hope this helps Smile

Last edited by:

jeromeo: Feb 19, 2006, 9:15 AM