Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

ExtraStats plugin

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
ExtraStats plugin
Hi,

I've nearly finished a first version of my ExtraStats plugin which collects daily and monthly hit data. I'm collecting all hits and unique hits and so far the plugin can display:
  • all hits for the site today
  • unique hits for the site today
  • all hits for the site this month
  • (daily) unique hits for the site this month
  • as above for each link
  • for each link: a graph for each month of daily hits

I'd be interested to hear what else anyone might want from this?

Also, I've just come up against a strange problem - when I install the plugin, my SearchLogger plugin stops displaying the top searches. It is still collecting them - just the tag for top searches stops working. As soon as I uninstall my plugin it starts working again. The hooks are completely different. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] ExtraStats plugin In reply to
Fixed the problem - it was mod_perl remembering a strange date format I had set in one plugin and trying to use it in the other.
Quote Reply
Looks like a nice plugin!
Quote Reply
That's wonderful news, when can we have preview of this plugin.
Quote Reply
sounds great !

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [cassandra] ExtraStats plugin In reply to
I've decided to charge $30 for this plugin. This includes updates - I think there will be several updates as people decide what they want from it. I'm just waiting for Alex to upload it to the plugin download area.

If you would like to buy it now please go to

http://www.theukhighstreet.com/...age.cgi?p=GT_plugins

where you can see some examples of the data and make the payment.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
hi,

is there a possibility by using your plugin to display the stats for a specific link without using the form?

what i want to do is to present the logged in link-owners the stats of their links in the link-owner-admin-area of my page.

e.g.

<%loop%>

display <%ID%> <%Title%>

display pluginstats for link with <%ID%>

<%endloop%>

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] ExtraStats plugin In reply to
Hi Manu,

Yes there is a tag to display the graph for an individual link.

These are the available tags at the moment:

Whole Site:
This month:
  • All hits this month
    This can be called on any page using <%Plugins::ExtraStats::AllHitsMonth%>
  • Unique* hits this month
    This can be called on any page using <%Plugins::ExtraStats::AllUniquesMonth%>
    Today:
  • All hits today
    This can be called on any page using <%Plugins::ExtraStats::AllHitsToday%>
  • Unique hits today
    This can be called on any page using <%Plugins::ExtraStats::AllUniquesToday%>

Link Specific:
    This month:
  • All hits this month for a specific link with tag <%ID%>
    This can be called on any page using <%Plugins::ExtraStats::LinkHitsMonth($ID)%>
  • Unique* hits this month for a specific link with tag <%ID%>
    This can be called on any page using <%Plugins::ExtraStats::LinkUniquesMonth($ID)%>
    Today:
  • All hits today for a specific link with tag <%ID%>
    This can be called on any page using <%Plugins::ExtraStats::LinkHitsToday($ID)%>

Unique hits today for a specific link with tag <%ID>
    This can be called on any page using <%Plugins::ExtraStats::LinkUniquesToday($ID)%>

Graphs for all links or a particular link
    To print a daily graph of Link <%ID%> for November 2002 you can use this tag
    <%Plugins::ExtraStats::DailyStats($ID,'11','2002')%> You need to put this tag within one of your templates.

To print the graph for all links use <%Plugins::ExtraStats::DailyStats('All','11','2002')%>

• If you omit the month and year data it will print the graph for the current month.

Laura.
    The UK High Street

Last edited by:

afinlr: Nov 2, 2002, 10:23 AM
    Quote Reply
    hi that sounds great.

is there also the possibility to print a graph for the whole year )hits per month) (Hits Jan-Dec e.g.:2002 & ID=XX)??

Regards,
    Manu

Quote Reply
    Yes, I was thinking about doing that but it won't be useful until you've had the plugin installed for more than a month as the data is only collected from when you install it. I will put that into the next release.

Laura.
    The UK High Street
    Quote Reply
    I've uploaded the ExtraStats plugin to the download area.

I've also added the monthly graph.

Laura.
    The UK High Street
    Quote Reply
    hi,

the plugin is really good and very useful.

it would be good, if you would have the ability to show the graphs not only for unique hits but also for all hits (total hits).

Regards,
    Manu

Quote Reply
    Yes, I was wondering about that. Would you like them both in the same graph or separate graphs?

Laura.
    The UK High Street
    Quote Reply
    separate graphs would be good.

if i understand the "unique links" section right, it displays how many different links of the directory were hit by users (so the maximum is the number of links in the directory).

but for advertising purposes (media-datas) it's much more useful to show a total-hits-graph!

Regards,
    Manu

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Nov 6, 2002, 4:17 AM
    Quote Reply
    Ok - this needs a bit more explaining obviously. I'll put something about it in the pugin.

The unique refers to the user rather than the link. When a user clicks on a link it is counted as a hit. If the user comes back again, the plugin uses the clicktrack table to check whether they have clicked on it already. If so, ExtraStats counts this as another hit but not a unique hit. The uniqueness is actually not daily, it is however long records are kept in your clicktrack table. I think this is actually three days by default.

The unique hits are the only hits that Links normally counts (i.e. the total hits in your Links table is the sum of all unique hits). I may be wrong about this but this is what I understand and that is why I decided to split them.

Any comments?
    The UK High Street
    Quote Reply
    ahh! Cool

o.k., then i misunderstood something.

but another graph for total hits would be good - so or so (and the plugin would be more flexible)

Regards,
    Manu

Quote Reply
    OK - I've uploaded a new version which includes daily and monthly graphs for all hits.

The next thing that I'm thinking of adding is lists of the most popular links today and the most popular links this month.

Laura.
    The UK High Street
    Quote Reply
    Is there a site running this plugin yet that shows what it's capable of?

Michael Carpenter

Adult DVD Links
    Adult Detective
    Quote Reply
    Cool,

but what are the tags for daily and monthly graphs for all hits?

i think you didn't update the about-file.

Regards,
    Manu

Quote Reply
    Manu,

I have updated the about file - it may just be showing the old version (I have just checked). If you go to your template manager, load es_about and then just save it, this seems to refresh it to the new version.

Laura.
    The UK High Street
    Quote Reply
    Re: [adultdvdlinks] ExtraStats plugin In reply to
    Michael,

I think that a lot of people will use this plugin as a feature for the link owners so that you can give them more detailed stats about how their links are performing. As such, this is likely to be private information for link owners. Of course, you could add the graphs to the detailed page for a link and make it publicly available but I don't have an example site doing that yet.

You can get a better idea of what the plugin can do from this page:

http://www.theukhighstreet.com/...age.cgi?p=GT_plugins

Laura.
    The UK High Street
    Quote Reply
    for those who want to see the plugin in action:

http://www.shop-netz.de/...p=mediadaten&d=1

Regards,
    Manu

Quote Reply
    I was thinking of using it for more of a public access to the info. I thought it would be nice to show the top links for the previous month or week as a complement to the cool site features in links.

Michael Carpenter

Adult DVD Links
    Adult Detective
    Quote Reply
    Re: [adultdvdlinks] ExtraStats plugin In reply to
    Yes, that was actually why I started writing the plugin in the first place Wink.

I'll try to get those lists added to the plugin over the weekend.

Laura.
    The UK High Street
    Quote Reply
    I agree, I was thinking about this idea probably when you were designing this. Major flaw of the cool sites is a new site will never get included because it's too hard to catch up with old links who have been there from the start. A global to call these top lists would be great. I will probably purchase this plug-in once I figure out how I will use it.

Keep up the good work!

Michael Carpenter

Adult DVD Links
    Adult Detective
    > >