Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
ExtraStats - new version
Hi,

I've just uploaded a new version of ExtraStats. Please can everyone who already owns it upgrade to this version as I have added some indexes and rewritten the code for displaying the graphs which should make them much faster to view.

The big change in this version is that you can now display toplists for your categories - so you can show the most popular links in a particular category for today, a particular day, this month or another month.

I am still planning on doing a lot more work on this plugin but I wanted to get this out as I know that people were waiting for the category lists.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] ExtraStats - new version In reply to
Error running installation code: Could not open /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/../extrastats.cgi. Reason: (Permission denied) at (eval 4) line 201.

the new fields of version 2.22 are created in the tables

and it's not possible to re-install or re-update the new version again.

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar

Last edited by:

eljot: Jul 4, 2003, 6:37 AM
Quote Reply
I'm getting this error message:

Error running installation code: Could not open /home/ohiobiz/linkssql2/admin/../extrastats.cgi. Reason: (Permission denied) at (eval 4) line 201.
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] ExtraStats - new version In reply to
Give Laura some time to fix the problem Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [eljot] ExtraStats - new version In reply to
Sorry, you can only install this once because it adds an index and I haven't written in a check to see whether you have the index already.

As a quick fix - because I can't see why its the chmod isn't working in the script - can you go into mysqlman and drop the Datendx index from both the ESDaily and ESMonthly tables and chmod your cgi-bin directory to 777 so that it can add the cgi file.

Hopefully it should then install without any problem. Sorry about the hassle, I'll try to sort it out in the plugin.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] ExtraStats - new version In reply to
I've uploaded a new version. Unfortunately I couldn't workout a check for whether the index exists yet so if it starts complaining that you have a duplicate index name you will need to go into mysqlman and drop the index Datendx from both the ESDaily and ESMonthly tables. However, there should no longer be problems with write permissions. (This will only happen if you try to install the same version of the plugin twice).

I'm going out now but if anyone else has any problems send me a private message and I'll try to sort them out when I get back this evening.
Quote Reply
You can probably check for indexes with something like:

Code:
eval { my $table = $DB->table('Your_Table'); }
if ($@) {
}

my $index = $table->index;

...then $index holds a hashref of indexes.
Quote Reply
ok. i've droped the index but get the same error when I install

the script. I think it's a problem with the cgi wrapper on my

server. we will check this before.

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar
Quote Reply
Laura,

Mine installed properly now.

Thanks a lot.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
Have you downloaded the new version - I think it is 2.2.1 instead of 2.2.0 - this removes the cgi script completely so you shouldn't have that problem any more. (Unfortunately you will need to remove the indexes again - I'll have another look at it with Paul's suggestion over the weekend).
Quote Reply
Yes. But we did not check the cgi wrapper yet.

I let you know when I install the upgrade again.

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar
Quote Reply
I've taken the index additions out of the plugin completely as I just couldn't get the check to work and it was causing too many problems.

The upgrade should be smooth now. If you don't already have the indexes in your tables I've attached a file to this message (just change the 'path/to/admin' to your path in 2 places) and it should add them for you. New installs will not need this.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Thanks.

Anything work now.

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar
Quote Reply
Glad to hear it! Hopefully future upgrades will be much smoother.
Quote Reply
Does this keep the current stats intact?

Michael Carpenter

Adult DVD Links
Adult Detective
Quote Reply
Re: [adultdvdlinks] ExtraStats - new version In reply to
Yes.
Quote Reply
Hi,

I've just done a small mod to the plugin so that people linking to detailed pages BUT NOT to outside links can track the clickthroughs to the detailed pages. To use this you will need to use the jump.cgi?Detailed=<%ID%> feature of Links to link to your detailed pages.

If you do not use this feature you do not need to update.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Hello,

I do not manage to use the tag.

Top Lists = >
Category:

<%Plugins::ExtraStats::CatTopDaily('10')%>

and

<%Plugins::ExtraStats::CatTopMonthly('10')%>

I do not find my error.

You can help me.

Thank you for your assistance.

Mick

Quote Reply
Re: [mick31] ExtraStats - new version In reply to
Oops - sorry about that. You need to give it the ID of the category first (I'll update the docs).

<%Plugins::ExtraStats::CatTopDaily($ID,'10')%>

<%Plugins::ExtraStats::CatTopMonthly($ID,'10')%>

If you leave the '10' out the default is to give you a list of the top 20 links.