Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Category Path in Categories

Quote Reply
Category Path in Categories
My goodness how hard can this be!

To get the full category path on the category page. There is a link in resources for a global for this but it doesn’t work on 2.1.2.

Anyone doing this now and could share a global?

--------------------------------
Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] Category Path in Categories In reply to
What about <%Full_Name%>
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Category Path in Categories In reply to
Thanks but <%Full_Name%> only gives me the last part of the directory despite the docs saying:

"Full_Name - A slash (/) separated list of category name. i.e. if the category is named Video Cards and is in Hardware which is in Computers, then Full_Name would be Computers/Hardware/Video_Cards"

Perhaps something changed since this was written.

Privacy Software
Quote Reply
What does your lsql_Category table show for Full_Name? It *should* hold the values of the category, plus all its subcategories that it belongs too (i.e 'Computers may look like Technology/Computers).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Category Path in Categories In reply to
Its working now. I have a hacked build.pm that was being held in memory. I had to stop the process from running, uploaded the standard file and now its reading the standard .pm file ok and returning the correct path.

Thanks. Smile

Privacy Software
Quote Reply
One reason I don't like developing with mod_rewrite, or other caching programs on sites :( Glad its working now though Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!