Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Built in reminder?
Is there a built in reminder for non-payed submissions? i.e someone submits a link so that it is a non-free link, but they don't complete the payment stuff... is there a way to send out a link to complete the payment process? (or if a URL can be passed along, to carry on the process, what would it be?).

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Built in reminder? In reply to
Not sure about if they don't complete the payment stuff to begin with, but the email that goes out as a reminder for a link which is about to expire seems to be email_notify.txt. That uses the tag <%renewal_url%> which is the same as <%db_cgi_url%>/modify.cgi?do=payment_linked;process_payment=1;modify=1;ID=<%ID%>
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Built in reminder? In reply to
Thanks. I'll give that a go :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Built in reminder? In reply to
Hi. Finally managed to give this a test.

An example of the URL it produces;

modify.cgi?do=payment_linked;process_payment=1;modify=1;ID=596758

However, i get this error;

Quote:
Oops, we had the following problem:
You are not authorized to modify this link

I'm guessing this is because a "user" isn't assigned to the link? (the site in question doesn't require you to sign up before adding a link).

TIA for any suggestions.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Built in reminder? In reply to
In Reply To:
I'm guessing this is because a "user" isn't assigned to the link? (the site in question doesn't require you to sign up before adding a link).

TIA for any suggestions.

Hi Andy

Couldn't you just duplicate that script and remove the $USER required part?

Regan
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Built in reminder? In reply to
Yeah, I'm gonna have to do something like that. I'm also going to build in a section that will give them a link in the email; so if they didn't actually order the submission, they can cancel it (which will delete the submitted link too).

I should be able to make this public (not sure how long, but when I get some time, I'll make it into a freebie plugin) ... as I can see it being a pretty useful plugin :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Built in reminder? In reply to
I've written a mod that does this now. I'll try at some point to make it a plugin. Basically, it runs daily, and checks for payments that have payments_status => 0. Those which it finds, it will see how many days it has been like that (via a new count field that I added), and then based on the number in that field, it will decide if it needs to send out an email, or not.

I also plan to add in a "delete" function... but not just yet :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk