Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[Plugin] Ace PPC Banner
Ok, not a plugin as most people would know them. This is written in PHP...so I had to make a few adjustments to how the Perl ones are written. It will install via the admin panel (under plugins), but the admin panel is seperate. For a more detailed list of features please see http://www.ace-installer.com/...ppcbanner_plugin.php

The price for it at the moment is $27, which I feel is a reasonable price for what you get. I'mworking on a more advanced version, with more stats/features, but it will be another week or so until that is ready.

Well, let me know what you think. Please PM me or post here is you have any further questions that the above (or URL) does not answer Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] [Plugin] Ace PPC Banner In reply to
Is there a demo anywhere?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] [Plugin] Ace PPC Banner In reply to
Not at the moment...thats why I'm offering the 3 day money back guarantee. Then if they are not happy with it, they can get a refund ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I think you'd benefit by setting up a demo. Even with a money back guarantee I'd prefer to see what it looked like.....or is it downloadable form the admin panel? Is that what you meant when you said:

>>It will install via the admin panel (under plugins), <<

?
Quote Reply
No...by that I mean you can download it from my site, then upload the tar file via the Plugins manager in the admin panel. Then most of it is setup from there ;) Theres not really that much to see anywany...suppose I could make a few screenshots ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

If you do want to go the evaluation route (highly recommended - people can try for free and then pay if the keep it), just send me the .tar file and I can put it up on Gossamer.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] [Plugin] Ace PPC Banner In reply to
Hi. The only thing I was worried about with that is people not paying. How well does this method work?

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Very well when you add code to limit the plugin :)
Quote Reply
But surely people can just edit the plugin if they don't wanna have to buy it?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thats the beauty of writing cryptic code :)
Quote Reply
Not quite so easy in PHP :( At least not unlesss you know what you are doing ;) Maybe I will have a look at your codes, to see how you are doing it...then try and transpose it to PHP :(

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Last edited by:

Andy.: Apr 18, 2002, 3:54 AM
Quote Reply
Why does it have to be php?

If the plugin installs via the admin panel it can be done in perl.
Quote Reply
>>
Maybe I will have a look at your codes, to see how you are doing it...then try and transpose it to PHP :(
<<

Umm but thats the point...you shouldn't be able to see how I do it...thats the point of making the code cryptic lol
Quote Reply
>>>If the plugin installs via the admin panel it can be done in perl. <<<

Oh...you do it via the Install.pm file, rather than the
plugin .cgi script itself?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Im not telling you how I do it (its not fool proof by any means) but all I was saying was that you don't necessarily need to do it in php.
Quote Reply
I'll think about how I could do it... and then maybe email Alex with it for uploading later today...Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk