Price: $50 [ buy ]
Details page: [ DETAILS ]

Requirements:

• LinksSQL 2.1.2
  • Image::Magic Perl module.
  • File::Copy Perl Module
  • Image::Size Perl Module

Features:

• User side thumbnailing (add and modify)
  • Admin side thumbmailing (add and modify)
  • Option to choose either a size to thumbnail the image (i.e 50% of original, or 100x100 pixels)
  • Option to add borders to the thumbnailed images.
  • Option to rotate the thumbnails (by whatever % you want)
  • Ability to choose if the original images are overwritten, or a small-xxx.gif file is written (i.e a small version of the image).
  • Grabs the height/width of the images (only works if you are thumbnailing just the one image per link).
  • Parts of the plugin have been rewritten, so its down from over 1500 lines, to about 800. Speed performance also seems to be a lot faster :)

About the Plugin;

This Plugin will automatically create thumbnail images of any .png, .jpg or .gif file submitted via add.cgi, or added/modified via the admin panel. Includes features such as: ability to choose thumbnailing size (percentage or pixel size), re-generation of *all* thumnails (great if you have changed the thumnail size, and need all the other images re-generated), and more.

If you own the $200 bulk package, then this plugin has already been added to your download list. You can login at: http://new.linkssql.net/page.php?page=account (with your email address and password).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ UPDATE ] Thumb_Images v1.5 In reply to
Nice!!!! I've very glad to see the updates and new features. Although I don't believe the your latest version has been uploaded to the download area yet. I took a look at the code and the header still reads...

Plugins::Thumb_Images
# Author : Andy Newby
# Version : 1.4.2
# Updated : Wed Oct 28th 2003

and I didn't see any of the new features. Hopefully you can check into that so I can get my site updated.

Thanks Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Jonze] [ UPDATE ] Thumb_Images v1.5 In reply to
Sorry, you are correct. I didn't upload it :(

Its up there now though.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Great! Let's do the damn thing. One quick question though... what's the best way to update this thing again???

I can't remember if I should uninstall the previous version or not.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Just uninstall and reinstall it again should be fine. It just needs the .pm file updated really, and a couple more settings added.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy... Unfortunatly I've only been able to get the following message when trying to install the new version:

"Image::Magick doesn't seem to be installed on your server. This is required for it to work correctly..."

As you know ImageMagick is installed on my server. What do you think is the problem???
Quote Reply
Do you have File::Copy and Image::Size installed?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Do you have File::Copy and Image::Size installed?

Cheers

I have not a clue... I was wondering about those new modules you hade listed. Guess that's the problem. How do I go about getting those installed?
Quote Reply
>>>How do I go about getting those installed? <<<

Just ask your host. They should be able to install them without a problem (Image::Magick is 5 thousand times more hard tosetup than these other 2 modules).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Will do! I'm looking into it now.
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
I have version 1.4 installed right now. How do I upgrade to version 1.5 without loosing anything?

Bent
Quote Reply
Re: [bannerzone] [ UPDATE ] Thumb_Images v1.5 In reply to
Just download the latest version, upload to your LinksSQL installation, and install it. You may need to edit the plugin settings too (not sure if they are removed or not).

Once you have changed the settings (if you changed the rotate or border features), you will need to run the 'Cleanup' feature, which will rebuild all the images.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks. But do I need to say uninstall to the old already installed version first
Quote Reply
Re: [bannerzone] [ UPDATE ] Thumb_Images v1.5 In reply to
Nope. All the updates that need doing, is the updating of the .pm file in the /admin/Plugins/ folder, so a clean overwrite should do the job Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ UPDATE ] Thumb_Images v2.1 In reply to
Thumb_Images update - v2.1

This new version is available from our download area ( http://www.ultranerds.com ).

This version, fixes up a couple of bugs;

1) When adding a link, and submitting an image that was too large / the regex didn't return a true match; then you used to get a "Can't call File_RelativePath on an undefined value..." error message. This new version should fix this (you won't get a fatal error now).

2) When using ThumbURL() and ThumbFullURL() an error used to pop up if you didn't surround the tags with;

Code:
<%if ImageFieldName%>
<%endif%>

Although this fix doesn't stop dead images showing up, it does stop fatal errors. The best way to stop any dead images, is to use a similar format (above) in your templates.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Vesion 2.3 is now available for LinksSQL 2.2.0. This has one main new addition: thumb_images.cgi.

This script, basically gives you a SSH/Telnet interface, so you don't have to run it via the browser each time (which, on larger directories, can timeout, due to large numbers of images to thumbnail).

I've also added some instructions on how to run this script, so it should be pretty self explanitory Smile

Please let me know what you think :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Just a note:

This is *not* the same as the thumbshots importer, or displayer. Thumbshots uses pre-generated images, and links them to a specific URL. We provide a service to fill in any missing images. all images are cached on your site for up to 2 months before being refetched, so speed of display increases with time.

I'm still working on an automated way that you can submit URL's to spider/image automatically. If a URL doesn't exist in the thumbshots database, the program would generate an error condition that would send the URL to our "queue" and every few days we'd run the queue and update the images. The script would then check the queue any time it got an error from thumbshots.org, or didn't have an image to serve. Eventually this will be set up at http://thumbshotter.com

It would be a 'silent' system, no error generated. You'd check on the status via the plugin admin panel.

We still don't have an automated way to generate the thumbnails. Any solution, so far, is running on a windows terminal. There *should* be a way to generate a screen in a unix buffer via perl, c or tcl, and then read it with imagemagick to thumbnail. So far, no one has come up with a way [they are willing to share], at least that I have been able to find.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Thumb_Image v3.0

This new version has quite a few cool features. The main ones being;

1) Ability to thumbnail CATEGORY images too!
2) Shell (telnet/SSH) based Perl script, which can also be run via crontab, to ensure the most up-to-date versions of your images.
3) You can now specify different dimensions for each image field. I.e: Image1:50x50,Image2:100x100
4) Better error reporting, so it doesn't "die" on you, if there is something not quite right with the image.
5) Fix to make sure that errors are reported back to the user, instead of taking them to a "false" success page (a bug)

You can find out more details here: http://www.ultranerds.com/cgi-bin/details/21.html

Existing members can download the latest version from our Members Area.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask (just ask in the correct forum =)).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Version 3.1 is available now for GLinks 3.x versions. This includes;

Rewrite of the Readme (nice new CSS design :P)
Fixed a bug in error reporting, which seems to have popped up in the new version. V3.1 is available from our Members Area :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
[ UPDATE ] Thumb_Images v3.2 In reply to
Hi,

Version 3.2 is now available for download from the Members Area. This includes a bug fix (for images that existed in the lsql_Links table, but not the lsql_Links_Files table) - which was causing the "Cleanup" script to "fall over" and stop. It will not just give you a warning, but not actually stop the process from running.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ UPDATE ] Thumb_Images v4.0 In reply to
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of version Thumb_Images, v4.0.

This version gives you the new ability to thumbnail "review" images, and then show them on your reviews (i.e review_include.html).

Existing owners can get this plugin from our Members Area - or for those interested, more details can be found here: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ns/Thumb_Images_L21/

As always, if you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Last edited by:

Andy: Jan 30, 2008, 5:11 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I hope that one day a version with GD will be available.

There is no plugin for this library. Frown
It is an significant lack.

P.s : Without your contribution on the forum, this one would be sad. Gossamer is really absent (...)

Thank,

O.
Quote Reply
Re: [Oyo] [ UPDATE ] Thumb_Images v4.0 In reply to
Hi,

I think the last time I tried it with GD, was a year or so ago. I don't think GD lets you shrink images though, does it?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your answer.

GD does not pose any problem for this.

Other editors give the possibility of choosing between GD or ImageMagick.
This opens in a larger way the market for the editors. Wink
Many servers did not install ImageMagick.

I can communicate to you a editor who works thus, and with Perl, if you wish it.

O.

P.s : It is one of the reasons of the absence of a good manager of files who now obliges to me to look at other solutions for my new projects.
Quote Reply
Re: [Oyo] [ UPDATE ] Thumb_Images v4.0 In reply to
Hi,

So you know, I've been working on a new version of Thumb_Images today. It requires Image::Resize (this just makes resizing better, and easier than using GD::Image directly, as they over-complicate things =)), and GD::Image to be installed.

I'm having a couple of issues, but I think it may be down to the version of GD::Image I have installed.

I'll let you know once I'm ready for testing =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >