Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Searchlog by user and bookmark

Quote Reply
Searchlog by user and bookmark
Hello!

I have search the forum and resources but I don't find results about this question:

Is possible to save search keywords by user (bookmark) and allow to reuse?

Thanks for your time!

-----------------------
Nomada
Quote Reply
Re: [Nomada] Searchlog by user and bookmark In reply to
Hi,

Not quite sure I understand what you are asking. You want to log what people are searching for (on bookmarks), and then show a list of words that have been searched for before, like the "last xx recent searches" ?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Searchlog by user and bookmark In reply to
Hi Andy,

I ask about an user search management option, because I want setup Glinks like a news system. I search a query manager that show the latest news from a specified queries saved by user...

-----------------------
Nomada
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sorry, still not sure what your asking for Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Searchlog by user and bookmark In reply to
Sorry Andy, my english is very bad. Blush

At this moment, Glinks has an option to allow the users store their favorites links as a bookmarks. I look for a same option with search keywords.

Sample: I search for the keyword "searchlog" at this forum today 2008/02/18 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...rch_string=searchlog

How I can save this search to get automatically results "tomorow" when a new post match the keyword "searchlog"???

-----------------------
Nomada
Quote Reply
Hi,

Right, I think I understand what you mean now.

I don't think its going to be particularly easy, and would require some custom work.

If you would like a quote, please send me an email (andy @ ultranerds.com), or PM me on this forum :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk