Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PPC plugin - support needed please

Quote Reply
PPC plugin - support needed please
Question for any GT PPC experts out there ...

I have the GT PPC plugin (v.1.93) running on a test installation of LinksSQL (v.2.1.2).
Only problem seems to be that none of the payment tables lsql_ppc_payments or lsql_payments are populated when a user makes a payment. The payment process (through PayPal) seems to run smoothly for the user/bidder, however his LinksSQL account is not credited.
I have set the "authorize_payments" option to Yes - but there is nothing to authorize!?

Am I right to assume that when the payment form is processed then table lsql_payments should be populated with a record for the bidder where the Status field is set to 'Waiting'?

I hope somebody can shed some light on this mystery.
Your help is much appreciated!

Best Regards
Jacob
Quote Reply
Re: [alive2learn] PPC plugin - support needed please In reply to
While GT has worked very hard with my PPC integration on the upgrade version in LSQL, it still seems very buggy . I am having the same problems with the payments, they aren't being logged under payments. You should contact GT directly.
Quote Reply
Hi,

The PPC payments table is now called PPC_Payments because of a conflict with the links sql table called Payments.

In the ppc_payments.cgi script, there is still one occurance where it is using the wrong table, find the line
my $table = $DB->table('Payments');

and change it to

my $table = $DB->table('PPC_Payments');

and that should fix it.

Thanks,
Mel
Mel Goulet
Developer - Gossamer Threads, Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mel_g] PPC plugin - support needed please In reply to
Hi Mel

I did the change, but it does not fix it.
I found one occurence of the line
my $table = $DB->table('Payments');
and it's in line 178 of ppc_payment.cgi - within the process_authorize_net sub. It probably makes the Authorize.net payments work (which I havent't tested), but my paypal processing is still not working.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards
Jacob
Quote Reply
Hi,

You also have to make sure that the IPN url Paypal is set to go to the ppc_payment.cgi script. This is a setting from within paypal. Otherwise it won't post back to the ppc_payment script.

Thanks,
Mel
Mel Goulet
Quote Reply
In the payment form I have
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="<%payment_url%>?do=paypal_success">
and the payment_url option is set to the location of the ppc_payment.cgi script http://.../cgi-bin/.../ppc_payment.cgi

Is this what you mean by IPN url?

Jacob
Quote Reply
no, the IPN url has to be set inside of paypal. You have to log into your paypal account to set this. It is not at all set through ppc. The stuff you mentioned above needs to be set as it is, but that's not the ipn url.

Thanks,
Mel
Mel Goulet
Quote Reply
It is in the paypay IPN setup. It is often called a return path.

After the payment has been processed paypal sends back all the details to your script and verifies that everything is the same and then writes to your database.

Mel is right - without this properly configured you are up that proverbial creek without a paddle.