Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGIN] WordPress

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [colintho] [NEW PLUGIN] WordPress In reply to
Quote:
From what I see, it allows you to easily create a blog on your website?

Yup

It synchronizes your user table with the wordpress one (so they can login with the same details). Nothing amazingly fancy (all it means, is they can post comments on your blog entries etc - not post their own)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] WordPress In reply to
Andy wrote:
What are you trying to achieve with the plugin?

Quote:
Are these settings the same as the Glinks Admin > Setup > SQL Server or where would I get these from?

It can be - or it can be a new set of login details for another DB (just for wordpress)

Please note, you need to be using Wordpress 1.5.2, as they totally renevated their user system i the newer version, and this broke the system (I could never work out their new format for user permissions) - http://wordpress.org/wordpress-1.5.2.zip

Cheers

Ups, I would not recommed to use this version of wp. This version is too old. At the moment they are at 2.9.2

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] [NEW PLUGIN] WordPress In reply to
Yeah, I do need to have another look at it - buy they have changed their user permissions stuff to weird stuff like:

{s:3,d:5,h:7}

..which makes no sense at all =)

I did try asking on their support forum about this format, but no-one seemed to know the answer at the time.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
> >