Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PageBuilder Plugin

(Page 2 of 10)
> > > >
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi yogi

I've done exactly as you've mentioned, but the result is that the "Home" link in the title_linked thingy points to:

http://www.mysite.com

not:

http://www.mysite.com/links

I'm using the Simple breadcrumb type.

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
This is strange.

Is this on your armynavy.com website?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
No, I have it setup on a server on my desktop. That's where I do most of my beta stuff. I'll keep fooling with it. Smile

Quote Reply
PageBuilder Plugin >>> 2 questions In reply to
Hi yogiWink

Can pagebuilder do the following :
  • build many "simple" page with the same template
    I have seen that a template was created for each page name. But the page name has to be unique.
    I just want to had a column in the database (content for exemple). then having a common template for the page I want
    Then we could have most of the datas contained in the database intead of in the statc html templates...
  • for link page the build filename has to be unique
    What I want to do is to a a column in my links table called builder_name. I can specify that this field has to be unique
    Then I could use the following filename : <%builder_name%>.html (instead of <%LinkID%>) for all the pages created by page builder
    How to do it? What do I have to change? and where?

thanks for your answer

FMPWink
Quote Reply
Re: [fmp] PageBuilder Plugin >>> 2 questions In reply to
Hi

1. First of all, you can change the default simple template to your needs, so that you don't have to change the header etc every time a page is created. If you still want to put the page content into the database, do the following: change the default simple template (pb_default_simple.html) to contain only

<%include include_my_header.html%>
<%page_content%>
<%include include_my_footer.html%>

Then you create a new column in the table called 'page_content', where you store the page content. A new template is created anyway for every page, but it will just contain the three lines, and it will be the same for every template. This sort of setup is also used by katabd, maybe he has some more tricks for you.

2. You can easily change this by modifying the file 'admin/Plugins/PageBuilder.pm'. Around line 30 you see the following code
Code:
sub init {
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# initialize plugin variables

$PB_CFG = Links::Plugins->get_plugin_user_cfg('PageBuilder');
$PAGEBUILDER_FIELDS = { link => { filename => [qw/LinkID builder_name/],
directory => [qw/LinkID Full_Name CategoryID/] },
category => { filename => [qw/CategoryID/],
I have indicated the changes in red. Make sure the column is indeed unique, and that it only contains characters that are valid in a filename.

I hope that helps.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin >>> 2 questions In reply to
thanks for your answer

I would also like to know if I can build the same page in many places.

I could add some colums : page_directory2, page_directory3...

Then it build the page in the main page_directory and in the others if they are field in

Thanks..
Quote Reply
Re: [fmp] PageBuilder Plugin >>> 2 questions In reply to
This could easily be added for 'simple' pages, and a little be less easily for all the other page types. What would probably be the best solution is to put all the directories separated by commas on the page_directory field.

Why do you want to build a page in several locations? Just curious....

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
HiWink

As i am not very good in programming so I Have installed many different scripts : GF, LSQL, quizz, poll, whois, news, gallery, chats, ....thez are all template based and the templates folder are in many places (sometimes, I could change the path of thoses templates and put them in the same place...but it will be long to do all that changes...it is just easier to change nothing and making pagebuider doing the job...

...Just a question of lazyness... ;)

Hey you...you want me to spend all my money...your GFplugin sounds good to... (but for me the champion one is still PageBuider... I am sure GT team will implement that kind of system in the future versions of LSQL)

FMPWink

Quote Reply
Hi Ivan,

I was thinking of using you powerful page builder plug in to build the static pages for another language.Angelic I as well was a little bothered by the idea of having all the page builder templates in the same directory... I would like to keep the page builder templates in the directory of the language that the page builder pages are being used in. So if the templates could be in several different places, It would be much easier to handle several different languages with less confusion when modifying the templates since each language will have all it's templates in the same spot. Hope this makes sense to you.
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] PageBuilder Plugin >>> 2 questions In reply to
Yes, it does make sense. I'll have to think about this....

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
I am getting this error while trying to Install Page Builder plugin

Error running installation code: GT::SQL::Editor (9339): Unknown method 'add_tree' called at (eval 1) line 440.

What would be the cause of that error.

Thanks in advance.
In Reply To:
I am happy to announce that the PageBuilder plugin has just been uploaded to the GT server, and is available for download.

Features:

- the plugin allows you to build dynamic and static pages very easily. Examples: "About Us" page, "Contact" page etc.

- all pages are template based. This allows you basically create your whole website using the power and flexibility of Links SQL.

- you can use all the globals and include any template of your default template set.

- page hierarchy: pages are structured hierarchically. This allows you to easily print "breadcrumb" navigation (similar to "title_linked" in Links SQL).

- you can create pages for every link, category, user, editor, review. Examples: create a second detailed page (more details, print view).

- conditional building: pages only for certain links, categories, etc. Example: special page for "premium" links.

- conditional viewing: in dynamic mode, you can control who is allowed to see which page. Example: link pages or other pages, that are only accessible to your registered users.

- build HTML pages, but also PDF or Postscript pages (you need to install HTMLDOC in order to produce PDF or Postscript files). Example: printable link page.

- static pages can be automatically updated whenever you build the rest of your directory.

Price: the plugin costs USD 50. You can pay through PayPal by clicking on the link that appears when you try to download the plugin. Once you have paid, you will get access to download the plugin.

Example site: most of the non-directory and non-forum pages on http://www.iyengar-yoga.com/ are generated by the PageBuilder plugin.

Happy downloading!

Feel free to post your questions and/or comments.
Quote Reply
Re: [cassandra] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
You need Links SQL version 2.1.1 for the PageBuilder plugin, and you are probably using version 2.1.0 or lower. Updating to version 2.1.1 should take care of the error.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Yogi:

First, congratulations on a great plugin. Very useful and powerful tool!

One thing I believe would be a great enhancement would be the ability to build pages based on a certain condition and that would SPAN pages.

An example would be:-

Condition - abc = Yes (are 'multiple conditions possible?)

Span Pages = Yes (additional field)

In this way, you could build certain custom pages that fit certain criteria and automatically create the SPAN pages links in each page.

Ideally, the first page created would be an index.shtml page and more1, more2 etc as linked pages.

Is this possible? (I hope I am clear what I am asking).

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Good suggestion, Clint. Would be great. Smile

Quote Reply
Sounds like a good idea.

However, I need more information on what you want to do.

First of all, the condition is for building 'link', 'category', 'user' etc. pages. If you add a condition in there, a page is built for all links, categories, users, that meet the condition.

Can you tell me what sort of page you would like to define which has page spanning enabled?

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
hi,

the plugin is great. but at the moment i have some problems.

waht i want to do is to use some pages both, in static and dynamic mode.

i tried the following:

<a href="<%build_root_url%>/Static/mypage.html">click</A>

that works in static-mode well (/Static/ is my pb_root)

in dynamic-mode the link is:

http://www.mysite.de/.../mypage.html&d=1

and this link doesn't work. I always get an error, that the page doesn't exist.

I think the syntax of the dynamic link is ok, as its the same in the /New/, /cool/, ... areas.

But maybe it has something to do with the paths, as for New, Cool,etc. there is a path-definition in

admin->setup->Paths and URLs

Does anyone has a solution ?

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
The solution depends on whether you want the pagebuilder page to be dynamic when the directory is dynamic, or if you want it to be static even if the directory is dynamic.

The second case is easier: just use

<a href="/Static/mypage.html">click</a>

in the template (i.e. leave away the <%build_root_url%> bit.

For the first case use something like:

<a href="<%if d%><%db_cgi_url%>/page.cgi?page=mypage<%else%>/Static/mypage.html<%endif%>">click</a>

Does that make sense?

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
well that's nearly the thing i did now. but it blows up the template-code.

i did:

<%if Username%>

<a href="http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Static&p=sitename&d=1">click</A>

<%else%>

<a href="http://www.mysite.com/...Static/sitename.html">click</A>

<%endif%>

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Nov 12, 2002, 7:40 AM
Quote Reply
I don't quite understand what you are saying....

You have to make sure that you do not include the domain name.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
why not including the domain-name?

it works well.

my point was that i wanted to create a link, that works in both, static & dynamic mode.

the if-solution works but is not my favorite one.

Regards,
Manu

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Nov 12, 2002, 7:41 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Does anyone have an idea how hard it would be to port PageBuilder to DBMan SQL? I am only interested in creating PDF output from my data. Would migrating PageBuilder be the right way to go, or should I consider other alternatives?

Thanks, Jasper

http://www.bookings.org
Quote Reply
If you include the domain name, and have a link to a static page, then Links SQL messes up things (there is nothing I can do about this at the moment, that's the way it is handled internally by Links). In particular, if you have a link like:

<a href="http://www.domain.com/pages/mypage.html">

then in dynamic mode, this will be translated to

<a href="http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=mypage.html&d=1">

(assuming that http://www.domain.com/pages is your build_root_url and http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin is your db_cgi_url). If you don't want this to happen, then you can use a link as follows:

<a href="/pages/mypage.html">

In dynamic mode, this will not be changed.

There is no other way at the moment to have both static an dynamic pagebuilder pages than the one I gave you. There might be an easier way in the next release of Links SQL, but it will come at the cost of speed.

I hope that helps.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Re: [jaspercram] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I think the plugin could be ported to DBMan SQL without too much problems. A lot of the code is completely independent of Links SQL. The parts that depend on Links SQL would have to be modified a bit.

I'll investigate this further, and contact you once I know more.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Yogi:

An example would be as follows:-

I have a field in my links database 'isPick', which are basically 'recommended' programs. I have quite a few of these (around 50 or so). When these build on one page I get a 'huge' page. At the moment I am calling this via the search.cgi?isPick=Yes call. Whilst this does display them correctly it uses the default search_results.html template - and I would like to use something different for these type of program listings.

This concept could be used for any specific field in the Links Table. I am not sure the easiest way to call it, however would think (if it's possible), in the Condition field such as isPick = Yes. Then you could be given the option of 'how many links per page' eg. 10 (or alternatively it could pick up on the default). You would then be able to build pages on a range of different criteria. As I said above, whilst much of this functionality can be done via search.cgi, it is a little slower, and does not allow the added benefits of using custom templates for different fields.

I would see the possibilities of this added feature as limitless.

Hope I have explained things Crazy

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Yogi,
I'm interested in this plugin, and was wondering, do you have a demo up to where we can play around with it and do a test drive??
Thanks,

EDIT: also, can it create categories or directories separate from the Links directory??

</not a clue>

Last edited by:

Kilroy: Nov 17, 2002, 1:30 PM
> > > >