Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Attn: Pugdog
Ashley never got that e-mail containing the URL for the upload mod. She and I have been waiting for the (paid for) upload mod since July.

Please resend the upload mod download details to Ashley ashley@enscript.com and CC it to cbrogden@s054.aone.net.au just to be on the safe side.

Quote Reply
Re: [Lexicontf] Attn: Pugdog In reply to
* Have you tried to contact pugdog via Private Message (PM)?

* Have you sent pugdog an email message?

If not, please try doing either of these options.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
join the cue.

R.

Last edited by:

ryel01: Oct 4, 2001, 9:37 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Attn: Pugdog In reply to
<sigh> Yes, I've tried e-mailing Pugdog, and received no reply. Ashley, from Enscript, who is doing my Links SQL customizations, has e-mailed Pugdog about the missing mod numerous times, without any useful reply either.

Apologies for having to post like this in a public forum, but I'm at my wit's end trying to get the mod I've paid for.
Quote Reply
I paid $250 Australian for all the betas and everything. I've got the 1st release and haven't seen anything since...

down the drain <- $250

R.

Quote Reply
I know this probably won't make you feel much better but pugdog is having a few personal issues at the moment and is having problems usiing the computer after a fall. If you can, just try to wait a while longer - obviously you can send him pm's and emails to try to grab his attention (I have been doing that recently as i need to get in touch with him too).

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 5, 2001, 3:30 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

As I said before, i don't know if it will work with 2.05, there are inconsistencies in certain routines that have created problems with other mods. Those routines are used in the mod, and need upgrading before they will work. I have been unable to do that.

I have been "down" again for the past week (remember, tempting fate). My daughter went into the hospital right after my last post, after injuring me (again) in the process. We have had a rough time the past few months, with the past month "from hell", and I have been un able to do any work on these mods during that time.

I will try to sort through the mail from the past week, but at this point, it's probably best to direct links-specific questions here in PM's, since they are shown separately.

It's just a galactic joke that the release of 2.05 coincided with my run of bad luck, and there is nothing I could do about that.

It also seems that 2.1 will introduce some features that will again cause inconsistencies and problems.

The upload routines work. The problem is the integration with the Link record, and the Links_Attach table (similar to the file attach in 2.05). To create a true admin, a hook from the Links Admin (from the field itself, just like the file type field) is necessary. I've hacked around that, but that was template parser dependent and some things changed, which means all that has to change too. This is where the problems are with using the mod in 2.05.

Before GT started to incorporate file handling, this wasn't a problem. But since they are, it's better form to use their system, for the most compatiblity. I don't know where Alex is on this, and what his new format will look like, but the current format is close enough to mine that they can overly on each other.

I have only set up one 2.05 site, and tried one upgrade. I had a problem with the upgrade, since it didn't seem to correctly create the Contact_Email and Contact_Name fields (which caused template failures).

I will try to upgrade and release a 2.05 version in a few days.

If I can do that, I can use links itself to provide user access to the downloads via the new jump.cgi and a permissions table on the file grab. Users will be able to grab the latest versions at any time.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.